The NikonGear Office > Site Issues

June 24th, ooooops!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
We lost entirely contact with our server. After dealing with site support we had them rebooting the server physically to bring us back.

Total downtime was nearly 24 hours which is the longest we have had under ordinary operation. Nothing we could do in the meantime as the server was assessed, tested for functional issues,  and then brought back to life.

I'm en route to an isolated island to spend time there with my girl friend, so we cross fingers there will no no further outages whilst I'm off the grid so to speak.

Akira:

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on June 25, 2020, 22:46:33 ---We lost entirely contact with our server. After dealing with site support we had them rebooting the server physically to bring us back.

Total downtime was nearly 24 hours which is the longest we have had under ordinary operation. Nothing we could do in the meantime as the server was assessed, tested for functional issues,  and then brought back to life.

I'm en route to an isolated island to spend time there with my girl friend, so we cross fingers there will no no further outages whilst I'm off the grid so to speak.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the clarification, Birna.  Enjoy your vacation!

Erik Lund:

--- Quote from: Fons Baerken on June 25, 2020, 21:23:27 ---Some communication on the downtime would be nice.

--- End quote ---

Sorry there was no way to do anything about it and sending out e-mails to everyone, well we could maybe do that but privacy around personal data are quite strict;)

Hope to keep you all informed as good as possible in The future

Birna Rørslett:
To add what Erik said, as the member list is on the server, we had no access to the current data set either. I had a local copy, but it was not updated, and being away from my local network left me with zero options any way.

Usually unscheduled downtime, which is s pretty rare incident these days, only occurs for minutes or a few hours at most. This time we were hit hard by hardware issues and a total restore and reboot was required. Apparently no data was lost in this incident, which always is  beneficial.

Hugh_3170:
Hey folks we are up and running again - that is what is important.  Furthermore NG has been a relatively glitch free site IMHO, so we need to keep that in mind.  I find NG to be a valuable site to me and a source of great information and one that I enjoy logging in to. 

Thank you to everyone involved in getting NG back on the air again.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version