The NikonGear Office > Help Desk

New 35mm sensor body

(1/4) > >>

golunvolo:
Currently I have only the Z6. I complement it with the d500 when needed. The rest are either IR modified or older models, all Dx  sensors. I have the following options:

D3S (John!  ;D) With 160K shutter count, 3 batteries        650€
   D4S, Tried it , good condition, 260K shutter count             1350€
   Z6, new, current prices with FTZ                            aprox  1700€

D3S will get less use and batteries are not compatible with D500, but with other older bodies. Will use it mainly as a back up and rehearsals. Cheaper
     D4S, also as a backup-rehearsals but with much better video, speed, etc...you know. Have never use one for a long time. IQ?
     Z6, will make for two identical bodies,capabilities,  batteries, cards, accessories, etc...

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

John Geerts:
Personally I would suggest the D3s.

I think it's better to save for a Z7 (they are complementary) instead of another Z6. Image quality is also higher with the Z7. 

If you want to use video, the Z6 is very suitable for it.

Erik Lund:
D3s and D4s are PJ style DSLR cameras, fast AF with the fast 2.8 AFS lenses like 24-70 70-200, 200 and 300mm etc
Not really geared for Video captures at all,,, as you can only use the rear display and Video AF is almost non existing on these DSLR,,,
Z6 is much more tuned for Video application as you can use the build in finder.

Akira:
Are you desperately in need of wider FOV that D500 fails to offer?

Do you most often need to switch lenses or switch between stills and videos so quickly that you want two bodies?

Unless you can answer yes to both of these questions, none of the three options would be worth concerning, no matter how attractive each would appear.

golunvolo:
Thank you for yoyr input

--- Quote from: Akira on May 18, 2020, 13:03:54 ---Are you desperately in need of wider FOV that D500 fails to offer?

Do you most often need to switch lenses or switch between stills and videos so quickly that you want two bodies?

Unless you can answer yes to both of these questions, none of the three options would be worth concerning, no matter how attractive each would appear.

--- End quote ---

Interesting .
  No, I don't need wider fov. Actually it helps a few times the crop image to put more pixel on the subject. I'll keep the d500 for that reason. It falls short in the iso department comoared to the others and I already work in what is my limit with the Z6.
    Yes, I need 2 bodies often. It has normally being two dx, then dx-fx, now I'm looking for two fx sensors with if not equal, similuar high iso. Usually 24-70 and 70-200 for shows. Sometimes only one zoom (whatever fits better) and a prme for better light gathering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version