Author Topic: Arctic Tomatoes in a Hat  (Read 7203 times)

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
Re: Arctic Tomatoes in a Hat
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 22:19:02 »
He he, Gary...
What really matters in life is to be happy where you live and with the people surrounding you. Obviously, you have found your dream place.
I am convinced I don't live in the ideal place (much too close to Paris!) but nevertheless, I still have to find another country whose wines beat French wines based on my own taste, on average.
I've lived in your country long enough to know that France is not alone (I have great memories of excellent American bottles, and not only from California) but come on... (Just teasing you).
I wonder if an admin should not step in and decide if such discussions pertaining to religion are OK or not.

Anyway, I am vacationing in Britanny right now, and the lady owning the nice house we are renting brought to us a large box filled with old species of tomatoes as a welcome gift, just like the ones shown by Björn. Delicious, as some edible things originated from the Americas can be.
Too late for a photo though!

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
Re: Arctic Tomatoes in a Hat
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 07:02:22 »
Olivier, of course your are right regarding "happy'. I hope I didn't offend you with my enthusiasm for California, but I love this place. As to wine, like photography we all see differently ... with wine we all taste differently. I learned from Robert Mondavi, a pioneer of California wine, (another story), that wine is to be enjoyed not revered.  If your taste buds favor French ... that's fine. If your taste buds favor California that's okay too. What is important, and the only thing that is important, is that you enjoy what you're drinking. My wine comments, were made not only from personal experience, but also from reading the results from blind tasting competitions between French and California wines. The contest was held in France with French judges ... and California won.

This is where it all started:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_of_Paris_(wine)

Again, watch the movie Bottle Shock. 
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.