The NikonGear Office > Help Desk

NPS, to be or not to be

<< < (2/4) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
Well, they *are* picky over here as well. No wonder when they in principle offer free services to the members.

Jakov Minić:
Paco, here are the benefits that i experienced as a member of NPS:
- i get invited to cleaning my gear and update of firmware from time to time, free of charge;
- i use my pass when we go to Photokina to visit the backstage PRO area of Nikon;
- when my 85/1.4 AF-D was in service i received a brand new 85/1.4 AF-S to use until my lens was repaired.
Hope this helps :)

golunvolo:
It does help. I´m trying to get information about becoming one in Spain  :)

Ethan:
The main benefit is when having the Nikon official presence at selected major sport or world events where all services from cleaning to borrowing gear is on offer as support to the NPS photogs.

This is a tremendous help to secure a place at the media pit and meet with other seasoned photogs at the event. There is lot of camaraderie where photogs help each other and even in some cases provide thier pictures to other photog who had a shooting mishap.
So we have two locations, the Media Centre and the Nikon NPS one.
To be honest, Canon do step in and help in any way they can and same for Nikon helping others.

The Nikon gifts and invites are nice but not important.

As for Canon CPS program. This is chargeable passed the first of 4 levels.
Sony Pro Support is also chargeable.

MFloyd:
The NPS presence at major sporting events is very limited though:

https://nps.nikonimaging.com/event_support/index.htm

The sole occasion I saw NPS deployed at an event was in 2014 Air14 air show, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Swiss Airforce, an event spanning over two entire weeks.

In my small world of car endurance racing (WEC, ELMS, ALMS, 24h of Le Mans, 24h of Spa-Francorchamps), the only brand with recurrent presence, was Fuji, providing free loaning of equipment, and free multi-brand cleaning of equipment. Have to say, though, that the head of communications is also a (excellent) photographer and Fuji ambassador.

IMG_1461.jpg
Fuji Lending desk at Fuji (JP); in the background, a flock of sexy 200mm f/2 Fujinon lenses...

IMG_1462.jpg
Fuji cleaning desk at Silverstone (UK) taking care of my D5, 70-200mm f/2.8E FL, and 500mm f/5.6E PF.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version