Author Topic: Tulips  (Read 2381 times)

PeterN

• NG Member
Re: Tulips
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 15:10:53 »
Thank you, Keith, for correction.  So the tone of the very last one is more like "sepia"?

Hi Akira,all are processed in Silver Efex.  The first three are processed with the Antique Plate 2 preset. I particularly like this preset when the original photo has a light background. The last one with the Yellowed 2 preset. Then slightly tweaked.
Peter

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 21:50:27 »
Hi Akira,all are processed in Silver Efex.  The first three are processed with the Antique Plate 2 preset. I particularly like this preset when the original photo has a light background. The last one with the Yellowed 2 preset. Then slightly tweaked.

Peter, thank you for the details.  I think these are fine examples of the right use of the right tools.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 02:36:14 »
  So the tone of the very last one is more like "sepia"?
Yes, IMO.  When I made actual sepia toned prints, they were even more brownish overall.
Files:
1) Lightroom's stock, push-button Sepia Effect.
2) My crude approximation of what "real" sepia-toned prints looked like. Good darkroom technicians (magicians) could make any variation in effect
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 01:03:53 »
Yes, IMO.  When I made actual sepia toned prints, they were even more brownish overall.
Files:
1) Lightroom's stock, push-button Sepia Effect.
2) My crude approximation of what "real" sepia-toned prints looked like. Good darkroom technicians (magicians) could make any variation in effect

Thank you, for further explanation.  The second example indeed looks more (or exactly) like what I imagine as sepia tone.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira