Author Topic: 20 minutes walk with AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300 1:4.5-6.3G ED VR  (Read 2475 times)

MEPER

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: 20 minutes walk with AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300 1:4.5-6.3G ED VR
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 15:18:47 »
Yesterday I was out again for a short walk using 70-300 on D5200. This time with a polarizer on to see how that would work. It was quite windy so difficult to hold camera steady. Without VR it would not have been possible to shoot at ISO100. I thought I shot wide open but EXIF shows 5.6. Wide open would have been 4.8 - 5. So at least close to wide open. Focal lengths 95 - 125 mm. I am still quite pleased what is possible to achieve with this cheap lens. Three images attached each with a 100% crop to evaluate sharpness. Images are not art just test images. So bear in mind with this. Some art will hopefully come later when I know the lens better and I have practiced more after some years without much practical shooting.
I can see the polarizer gives a bit more saturated colors.
When I was shooting slides I most of the time had polarizer on during day. It could often make the images look at bit sharper. On digital I have not used it much. But it gives an effect you can't apply in post processing or at least not very easy. Some may nok like the "post card" effect it can give. When shooting slides I think I was a bit of a "post card hunter".