Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Grüße aus Deutschland

(1/2) > >>

madhatter:
Greetings from Germany!

I found out about this forum today by accident...
I was interested a lot in photography for a while a few years ago, always a Nikon fan and collecting some of my personal favorite lenses and cameras. Started with a D70s and moving to the D2H I ended up shooting film only with my F2 Photomic that I had desired to own for a long time. In that time I have been active in a few forums like the Nikon Cafe, the original NikonGear and a few german groups.
Then the fascination faded, going through my digital photos got me asking if I was even good in this photography hobby at all and if it wasn't better to spent the time on other things...

A couple of weeks ago I bought a D3S on impulse and the 135mm DC Nikkor and went outside taking photos. I still don't know if I am wasting my time, but I am again enjoying it. And that's okay to me. ;) Maybe it would have been an option to move on to mirrorless at this point, but I wasn't thinking too much about this decission and I was happy to finally got a full frame camera (digital-wise).

Oh, and I came accross this forum by accident, because I was still using Bjørn's lens review pages as reference and was wondering what he is up to today and found a post on dpreview mentioning this forum on the interwebs.

Cheers,
Arvid

Bent Hjarbo:
Welcome to this nice space on the internet.
Taking pictures can as relaxing as fishing  ;)

PeterN:
Welcome Arvid! Or should I say welcome back!
I think you will find a wealth of knowledge here without the typical trolling that some other sites suffer from.
Have a good time and please don’t hesitate to share your photos!

Birna Rørslett:
Welcome, Arvid.

An interest in, and fascination with photography can easily be rekindled as you already have discovered. NG is a nice and friendly site and we are strict on members keeping to a civilised atmosphere on the forums. There are no advertising and no trolling. Basically membership is free, however we do appreciate members becoming Supporters by paying a small annual fee. Our  server is not running for free to put it that way.

On a tangential note, Bjørn is now Birna. In case you wondered. https://www.flickr.com/photos/132961550@N03/49609169246

Frank Fremerey:
Welcome, Arvid. This site definitely is a troll free refuge for sharing experience, know-how and camera work. The meetups make the site special too. Most of the people here know the others personally real worldly...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version