Author Topic: Nikon D6 formally announced by Nikon  (Read 43295 times)

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
Re: Nikon D6 formally announced by Nikon
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2020, 12:54:20 »
Very nice pictures, impressive blur, you are a master :)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2020, 14:04:57 »
+1.
Your panning is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your findings and your work

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2020, 14:10:16 »
Very nice pictures, impressive blur, you are a master :)

Too kind Bjent  :)

+1.
Your panning is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your findings and your work

Thx Paco ;)

During the shooting sessions I used the Bluetooth low energy communication feature to transmit 1’620 x 1080 px 1.1 MB pictures to the SnapBridge smartphone application.  The resolution of these pictures is sufficient to be dispatched to social media. To be more precise, received pictures by SnapBridge are shared with Lr Mobile, eventually edited, and then broadcasted.

The original NEF pictures are then further processed, once in the media room, for publication and printing.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Peter Connan

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2020, 17:17:41 »
Stunning photos! This is what the D6 is made for.

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2020, 19:49:02 »
Stunning photos! This is what the D6 is made for.

Thanks  :). This the tool I need.

Some unissued ones:

_D600563.jpg

_D600926.jpg

And some nice new features:

Nikon D6
new menus

Nikon D6 - Kensington lock
and a Kensington lock, useful for installing remote cameras (not my case) or unattended equipment in press rooms
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2020, 01:12:40 »
Ill guess gps and lock are very practical for you, not a gizmo.

ColinM

• NG Member
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2020, 21:14:05 »
]
and a Kensington lock, useful for installing remote cameras (not my case) or unattended equipment in press rooms

It amazes me how few people seem to use these on laptops costing 10% of your D6.
This seems both practical and sensible design by Nikon (if you can find a suitable anchor point)

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2020, 21:46:41 »
Ill guess gps and lock are very practical for you, not a gizmo.

GPS is a godsend; before I had to start (or finish) with a smartphone picture to pin the position; as the images end in the same Lr Album, there was a way to identify the location for the other pictures, as long as you don’t omit / forget to take the smartphone picture ...

With regard to the lock, I must admit that I haven’t used it, for the time being. There is very little people in the press room, in connection with COVID-19. Moreover, we have all lockers and we know about each person.

Not new, but I started to make voice notes, quite helpful. Before I used the « mike » button to attribute stars, but with the image « flick down or up » feature, I have now attributed a star rating there.

It amazes me how few people seem to use these on laptops costing 10% of your D6.
This seems both practical and sensible design by Nikon (if you can find a suitable anchor point)

Yeah, same conclusion. Only a very few cable-lock their laptop. The only thing I really care on computer stuff is my hard disk, which is always locked up during press room vacancies.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2020, 21:53:06 »
GPS is a godsend; before I had to start (or finish) with a smartphone picture to pin the position; as the images end in the same Lr Album, there was a way to identify the location for the other pictures, as long as you don’t omit / forget to take the smartphone picture ...

With regard to the lock, I must admit that I haven’t used it, for the time being. There is very little people in the press room, in connection with COVID-19. Moreover, we have all lockers and we know about each person.

Not new, but I started to make voice notes, quite helpful. Before I used the « mike » button to attribute stars, but with the image « flick down or up » feature, I have now attributed a star rating there.

If you're not careful, some here will get the idea that you like the new D6.  ;)
Carl

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2020, 22:34:23 »

If you're not careful, some here will get the idea that you like the new D6.  ;)

Hi Carl. Yes, I have the temerity, or should I say, recklessness, to admit that I adore this camera. For what I’m doing, it’s perfect. The poor D5 with whom I shared four years of my photographic life feels completely abandoned  ;D
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2020, 23:06:51 »
Hi Carl. Yes, I have the temerity, or should I say, recklessness, to admit that I adore this camera. For what I’m doing, it’s perfect. The poor D5 with whom I shared four years of my photographic life feels completely abandoned  ;D
I'll take it...   ;D

MILLIREHM

• NG Supporter
  • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2020, 23:20:47 »

Good that I never bought the poor D5 and will be leap-frogging from D4S to D6 ;-)
Wolfgang Rehm

Ilkka Nissilä

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2020, 22:48:15 »
I watched Steve Perry's D6 review on youtube.

There have been some claims that the D6 burst depth was slightly reduced from the D5. However, Perry reports D6 can do up to 200 shots at 12 fps in 14-bit mode on both CFexpress and XQD cards, so that is similar to D5. At 14 fps 14-bit mode it does 171 shots on CFe and 129 shots on XQD. Large enough for any practical use I guess. ;)

He mentions that viewfinder blackout in the D6 is reduced in high-speed continuous shooting.

He talks about the customisation in depth. Nice improvements.

beryllium10

• NG Member
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2020, 04:26:07 »
Christian,
>> https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPwYum2
Outstanding set of photos.  I especially like the compositions with the cars above the blue and/or red striped foregrounds.  Great panning, knowing the speeds involved.  Cheers,  John

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2020, 13:42:26 »
Christian,
Christian,
Outstanding set of photos.  I especially like the compositions with the cars above the blue and/or red striped foregrounds.  Great panning, knowing the speeds involved.  Cheers,  John

Thank you John   :) I like to play with the red and blue abrasive strips of the Paul Ricard circuit. These strips replace the traditional gravel traps encountered on other circuits. What’s noteworthy are the front and ¾ views at very high speeds, particularly difficult for AF systems

Here some more, although not with the D6.

https://crvermeulen.myportfolio.com/pf-elms-2019-le-castellet
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν