Nikon D6 formally announced by Nikon

(1/57) > >>

Netr:
https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/dslr-cameras/d6.html

20.8 MP. 14 FPS.

Ann:
Temptation!

Birna Rørslett:
A capable and impressive camera, for sure. Even has GPS built-in -- a first for the flagship class.

Mike G:
Just musing this morning, and I’m wondering why the sensor in the D6 has a 20mp chip instead of a 50/60mp chip? I note with interest that the Sony top model the A9 also has a 20mp sensor, I will assume it’s the same chip in both, I don’t know if that is correct, but I’m guessing now.
I’m sure they are both fine cameras, but to my uneducated eyes that Nikon’s top of the line machines have always seemed to me that Nikon has used a smaller mp sensor in its top of the line models. I’m sure that the output from these cameras is also superb, just curious as to why? Or am I to assume any camera with lots of mps is a consumer model?

Please don’t construe these remarks as criticisms.

Erik Lund:
Impressive Nikon soldiers on with the single digit D, must be extremely expensive for then to run R&D on that level! Very cool  8)
If only the had continued to develop the high resolution line,,, would just love to shoot D6X instead of the gripped D850, it never is the same with a separate grip  ::)
PJ and sports shooters are favored here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version