Author Topic: Current Fair Price For 125/2.5 APO CV?  (Read 6958 times)

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Re: Current Fair Price For 125/2.5 APO CV?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 10:52:03 »
 :(  I literally just bought one for $95 here.  I asked a friend about that lens and a 105 f4 Macro Ais  (a lens which Erik did recommend).   As chance would have it he had just sold a 105 f4 in Mint condition this morning and was awaiting the bank transfer.  He did know a guy selling a Mint-/Ex++ 75-150 f3.5 and I just made the transfer.  I also sent the guy with the APO 125  CV a standing offer just in case he ever wants some guaranteed quick cash.  I cannot see that happening but worth the effort (not much  ;)).  Who knows  :) ....

but thanks for the offer   :) .
Tom

Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Almass

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 12:15:16 »
Ahhhh, the lens with the ugly hood.

I ended up with 3 copies of the Ais version and don't use any.

It is a rather delicate lens which does not take a beating in a heavy environment and usage. I would call it an Artsy lens.

Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot afford shooting with a non AF lens as my shots involve movement of both camera and models.

As for a fair price......I consider a fair price whatever you need to pay to acquire a lens or any product or service.

In Trade, Fairness has nothing to do with the definition of Trade. It is only wingers remorse.

jhinkey

• Just Trying To Do My MF Nikkors Justice
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 18:33:30 »

It is a rather delicate lens which does not take a beating in a heavy environment and usage. I would call it an Artsy lens.

Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot afford shooting with a non AF lens as my shots involve movement of both camera and models.

As for a fair price......I consider a fair price whatever you need to pay to acquire a lens or any product or service.

In Trade, Fairness has nothing to do with the definition of Trade. It is only wingers remorse.

Then perhaps you'd want to sell one of your 125/2.5 CVs to me :).
I won't be taking it out into the mountains . . .
PNW Landscapes, My Kids, & Some Climbing

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 19:31:21 »

Then perhaps you'd want to sell one of your 125/2.5 CVs to me :).
I won't be taking it out into the mountains . . .

As you have 3, I could take another. ;D
Chris Dees

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 21:32:58 »
A "fair" price is a price a market at a given time is willing to pay for an item. I don't get this discussion about "fair", sorry.
No-one is holding a gun on someone's head and forces someone to buy...  :)

formerly known as kds315

JJChan

• JJ Chan
  • NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 02:08:33 »
:(  I literally just bought one for $95 here.  I asked a friend about that lens and a 105 f4 Macro Ais  (a lens which Erik did recommend).   As chance would have it he had just sold a 105 f4 in Mint condition this morning and was awaiting the bank transfer.  He did know a guy selling a Mint-/Ex++ 75-150 f3.5 and I just made the transfer.  I also sent the guy with the APO 125  CV a standing offer just in case he ever wants some guaranteed quick cash.  I cannot see that happening but worth the effort (not much  ;)).  Who knows  :) ....

but thanks for the offer   :) .
Tom

Tom
I paid A$19 for my 75-150mm but postage $22! I got a like new Silver ring version with firm zoom ring. It has some of the characteristics of the 105 2.5 Ais but unfortunately loses a lot of that around 135-150mm on the D800E. It does better on the Df. I feel that the 50-135mm - which can also be bought relatively cheaply - is better at the 135-150mm zone.

I borrowed a friends AF 135mm DC for 6 months and that renders skin beautifully - I think that lens would suit your fabulous photos and all your portraits. The bokeh is enchanting.  It's quite compact and has AF to boot.

JJ

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 05:25:29 »
Thanks JJ.  Not a big, open market here so I take what I can get :( .  I may have found a new DC135 f2D here in India.  I have found a DC105 f2D but also a 105 f2.5 P-C (Ai'd)..... decisions :( .
Tom

I think any of our Sony FX shooters looking for any of the APO Lanthars should be looking at the Canon mounts very quickly. Pentax mounts are even cheaper but no idea about using those.  Seem to be running about 50% of the price of Nikon mounts but that will not last long ;) .
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 12:07:12 »
A "fair" price is a price a market at a given time is willing to pay for an item. I don't get this discussion about "fair", sorry.
No-one is holding a gun on someone's head and forces someone to buy...  :)

Well, that is right in general.  But in the present case there is a market (however limited) for this lens, and if a seller is offering it at a price which is much higher than the price at which comparable quality lenses normally sell then that is too high (aka unfair).   Some people are more aware of the market price than others and it is reasonable to seek their opinion.
Anthony Macaulay

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 16:20:28 »
If four are on sale now in Bay for around 1.700+ EUR, does assume they made price-agreements.