Travelogues > Travel Diaries

Marrakesh 2005

(1/3) > >>

Luc:
In 2005 I took my then new Nikon D70s on a holiday to Agadir in Marocco. During a day trip to Marrakesh I shot some images with the new camera.
At that time a DSLR was new to me, I had little knowledge of it and RAW was still in my future so I shot in Jpeg.
Recently I re-discovered some images from that trip and did some minor postprocessing in Capture One.
I find these images quite film like, the color rendering from the D70s CCD-sensor esp. of red and green seems different from later (CMOS-sensor) cameras.

Akira:
These look really appealing to me.

The tone reminds me of something like Technicolor.  Thank you for sharing!

Hugh_3170:
The pink and redish colours certainly remind me of the Marrakesh colours as I remember them.

I recall that my wife and I had lunch in the outside upstairs area in the restaurant in the top right corner of the first image - memory lane stuff for me too!  Thanks Luc.

tommiejeep:
Luc, very good stuff.  I kept one of my D200s' (first DSLR) for a long time just for shooting base ISO with that sensor.  I took it to Mexico for 3 months in 2007 and shot only jpeg because I did not take a laptop and really had zero PP experience coming from film.   Halfway through my Mexico trip I took a short trip to Houston and , by pure chance, picked up first shipments of the D300 (just sold) .   I was in Morocco in mid-70's (for US Navy) with my Nikkormat but halfway driving to Marrakesh the police turned me back due to some trouble up ahead.   Never made it back  >:( .
Thanks for posting
Tom

John Geerts:
Yes, lovely drawing and colours.  And indeed reminds me of the D200.  I like the files of the Fuji S5 Pro even better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version