Author Topic: Fujifilm Mirrorless with vintage lenses  (Read 3534 times)

prl

• NG Member
  • Always confused
Re: Fujifilm Mirrorless with vintage lenses
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 13:14:44 »
I have a old Pentax Super Takumar which I sometimes use with an adapter on my Fuji X-t1. It produces a very special soft kind of photos. Soft, but still sharp.

Cyril

• NG Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 15:39:58 »
I've seen the Takumar Lenses on ebay, I've checked some reviews because I wanted a portrait prime. Instead, I went for the Chinon 55mm 1.7, which renders great on my X-T100. Super sharp all around and at any aperture, beautiful bokeh that produces bubbles on your speculars if you want that effect, great colour rendering. Mint condition for 40 euro. I will post some samples.

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 18:46:21 »
I use manual Nikkor lenses for 95% of the pictures I take. AF just annoys me more often then not, so it gets in my way.

A while ago I considered switching from my D3 to a Fuji X-Pro2 because the files it produced seriously impressed me. They also had the preferred 24 Mpix size, and the system as a whole would become somewhat smaller and lighter. Another great thing is the user interface. Rather then strange thumbwheels you get a real shutter speed dial, right there where it's supposed to be. Combined with a real aperture ring, like found on the Nikkor lenses, using those cameras would have been really intuitive for me.

I the end, having to rely on EVF did not work for me. If it does for you, the Fuji cameras are an awesome way to use a multitude of lenses, even some of the excellent Canon and Nikon rangefinder lenses. Those are the ones I miss most on my current camera solution, but I found out that for the time being, I can't photograph the way I desire without having a mirror and a pentaprism.
Buddy

HaraldH

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 23:44:28 »
I use some older Nikkors on my m43 camera, combined with two different adapters: K&F (no optics) and Viltrox 0.71x focal reducer. All the Nikkors focus past infinity on the K&F, contrary to the Viltrox which initially didn't support focus at infinity on any lens. However, the Viltrox has a group of optics in a threaded mount. It took about three turns to get infinity focus right. The K&F could potentially be shimmed to achieve infinity focus at the infinitiv stop, but at the risk of not being able to focus at infinity in certain temperature ranges.

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 23:52:51 »
The Z50 is a nice foundation for many of my ancient lenses from the rangefinder era. Combined with for example the W-Nikkor 3.5cm f/1.8, the entire package is small and unobtrusive. While the rangefinder lenses can be surprisingly good, especially their vintage taken into account, using them on a DX format body confers a clear advantage as the image frame tend to be crisper straight to the periphery.

paul hofseth

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 14:49:12 »
I use some older Nikkors on my m43 camera, combined with two different adapters: K&F (no optics) and Viltrox 0.71x focal reducer. All the Nikkors focus past infinity on the K&F, contrary to the Viltrox which initially didn't support focus at infinity on any lens. However, the Viltrox has a group of optics in a threaded mount. It took about three turns to get infinity focus right. The K&F could potentially be shimmed to achieve infinity focus at the infinitiv stop, but at the risk of not being able to focus at infinity in certain temperature ranges.

In my experience with Leica M lenses I have found the K&F much too short for the widest ones, so I have unscrewed the female mount side and put in about 0,3mm shims. Much cheaper than getting a proper Novoflex adapter. In the longer term I am aiming for exchanging the M4\3 with a Z-7 both in order to get full-frame and so as to avoid the terrible control on the rear of the Olympus body that keeps moving the focus- and spot metering point when keeping a firm hold using long and heavy lenses.

p.