The NikonGear Office > Site Issues

Site Certificate

<< < (2/17) > >>

Akira:

--- Quote from: Birna Rørslett on November 05, 2019, 23:29:20 ---I agree completely. But we have to be pragmatic here. Our esteemed boffin, Andrea, is deeply entrenched in her moving house 2000 miles across the US of A. I'm racing against time to meet the deadlines of a bunch of papers I'm committed myself to deliver (and already been paid for :( ). Thus our hands are tied at present.

What we *aim* to do is moving to a new server in December. That should solve the issues. There will be a few days' downtime, but near Christmas time most people seem to be otherwise engaged anyway.

The actual login is the only place on the site where encryption and security are essential. Everything else really doesn't require https. So stay logged in ....

--- End quote ---

Nice to know that, Birna.  The new "certified" sever should be a nice holiday present for us!

armando_m:
never mind

Birna Rørslett:
In the near future NG will move to another, fixed, IP address and we should then be able to produce the correct certificate configuration.

fish_shooter:
Something got fixed because I have been unable to log on in a while. I tried 3 different browsers on a Mac - Either got a plain text (in various fonts and colors on white background) page with no actual working links (links led to error message) or was stopped before hitting the main page. Got various messages depending on browser making it sound as if the site was sacked - at least one wording was like that given above. Glad to be back!

rosko:
Everything came to normal.
No more ''unsecure site'' warnings !

Thanks, Birna !
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version