Author Topic: Meeting Ivone and Thomas Stellwag in Den Haag  (Read 10742 times)

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
Re: Meeting Ivone and Thomas Stellwag in Den Haag
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2020, 17:43:08 »
Hello all,

it is time to make a clear concept for our stay
Here again is the first reaction to Jakov´s post:

Good to see that there is interest!

Looking forward to seeing you all!
For now, the list is:

1. Thomas and Ivonne;
2. Jakov;
3. Bruno Schroder;
4. Bent and his wife;
5. Paco;
6. MOS DEF Akira;
7. Birna;
8. Erik;
9. John Geerts.

Yours, Jakov

10. Hans Cremers
11. Anthony

then  Birna and Erik said they´ll stay for one week

in the meantime Akira and Bent with wife said they cannot participate

thus I have

3-5 people for the weekend

and

2-3 people for the whole week 

please for all, who have not yet said if the come or how long they want to stay, do it during the week now, as the room over there are booked quite well....Germany stays at home during Corona and it is autumn holiday period in some areas.

what helps f.e.  is:   "name",  stay for weekend, want single room

Thomas Stellwag

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2020, 17:53:23 »
I'm afraid that it is impossible at this time for me to commit fully to a booking. Covid-19 restrictions have been tightened again with regards to my workplace, I will face an 14 days self payed quarantine,,,
Unsure how we can make this happen,,,
Erik Lund

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2020, 20:42:06 »
I find myself in the similar bind as Erik. With the enforced restrictions now imposed I would have to spent weeks in quarantine afterwards, and my travel and health insurance for the travels would likely be void.

That is the grim fact at present. There is little or nothing we can to to change the virus situation in Europe apart from doing our small contribution not to make things worse. National authorities strongly recommend to postpone any travel abroad.

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2020, 15:17:38 »
At the moment I cannot commit, there is a significant risk of Covid quarantine restrictions, possibly at both ends of the journey.

For various reasons I have only spent three days on holiday in the last twelve months, and Covid has already forced the cancellation of four foreign trips. Let's hope for a vaccine to rescue foreign travel next year.
Anthony Macaulay

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2020, 17:32:16 »
o.k., I ´ll wait for the end of this week. Hopefully the NG team will have time to shortly discuss their own proposals - I for myself am as well open to move this to a time with less travel risk.

It is a rising infection everywhere and we have not yet seen all the people coming back from summer holidays. In case they close island Mainau, or the vessel fleet, museum, etc, it makes not much sense to go there. This risk still is there.

Unfortunately the hotels and pensions as well are not willing to reserve without deposit. They have lost enough money already this year.

Please for the rest, let me know what are your plans.
Thomas Stellwag

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2020, 10:47:46 »
I am still interested and my other commitment is changed to another date  but the likelihood of the trip gets slimmer and slimmer as infections are on the rise, more countries and/or regions make the "do not travel unless necessary" list and quarantine regulations are tightened. If I can make it, I will arrange my own accommodation with some help of relatives on the other side of the lake. So no need to do anything for me, Thomas.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Peter

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2020, 17:39:17 »
Good to see that there is interest!

Following steps:
- Thomas to post links of where we are going to stay and the sites of interest;
- We confirm the destination, and say: Thank you Thomas, it looks rather interesting and we would love to see this area;
- Birna, Erik and JA will pick a week in September. They apologise in advance if the week they choose doesn't suit all, but from experience, as we all know, impossible to suit all.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
For now, the list is:

1. Thomas and Ivonne;
2. Jakov;
3. Bruno Schroder;
4. Bent and his wife;
5. Paco;
6. MOS DEF Akira;
7. Birna;
8. Erik;
9. John Geerts.

Yours, Jakov

We will have the local vote here in Bonn at 13 September. I am a candidate for Volt Europa ... but after that It will be very fine for me to attend ...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2020, 12:06:27 »
Hi all,
looking at the actual developement of the Corona situation, I see it getting worse.
People here are now doing a lot of weekend or short trips in Germany instead of flying to any places. This means over the weekends it now is difficult to find room for a group near to the lake.

So far we have statements from Birna, Anthony and Erik, who leave it open to come. Peter who has his own place and Frank, beeing open to meet. Bent and Akira are out.

It is very difficult to organize 2 days, if the people are staying at many different locations, waiting and meeting time will "eat" our shedules.
Sorry, I am not clear, what I should do, but if we want to meet, I have to do it now. This might as well mean, you loose your money for a hotel room.
Pensions mostly are booked, hotels are available with 1 or 2 rooms per hotel.
What is the opinion of the others, beeing on the initial list?

the actual list as I see it, is

Jakov
Bruno
John
Peter
Frank
Thomas

Paco? 
Anthony?
Birna?
Erik?

Thomas Stellwag

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2020, 15:26:44 »
Hi all,
looking at the actual developement of the Corona situation, I see it getting worse.
People here are now doing a lot of weekend or short trips in Germany instead of flying to any places. This means over the weekends it now is difficult to find room for a group near to the lake.

So far we have statements from Birna, Anthony and Erik, who leave it open to come. Peter who has his own place and Frank, beeing open to meet. Bent and Akira are out.

It is very difficult to organize 2 days, if the people are staying at many different locations, waiting and meeting time will "eat" our shedules.
Sorry, I am not clear, what I should do, but if we want to meet, I have to do it now. This might as well mean, you loose your money for a hotel room.

Jakov
Bruno
John
Peter
Frank
Thomas

Paco? 
Anthony?
Birna?
Erik?

Dear Thomas, thanks a lot for going through the troubles to pull this all together.

Unfortunately, i'm in the same boat as Erik and Birna. With the uncertain situation, i cannot confirm, so this means i'm out for this time. Sorry about that.

Thanks again!
Hans Cremers

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2020, 15:43:40 »
Hi all,

Jakov
Bruno
John
Peter
Frank
Thomas

Paco? 
Anthony?
Birna?
Erik?

Thomas, I am sorry but I cannot join this event. The Covid situation is deteriorating, and quarantine requirements are being imposed at short notice. I cannot take the risk of being caught by this.

I hope we can get together when the situation is under control. I would love to visit Lake Constance.
Anthony Macaulay

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:26 »
Due to various uncertainties that have already been listed, I suggest not to book any accommodation now.
I just got back from Croatia and i am experiencing 2-week self isolation. Very annoying not being able to see my baby.
Traveling for a weekend to Lake Constance and ending up in quarantine again for 2 weeks is not going to happen...

I can easily start my car, drive down there, book accommodation for myself, and join the gathering wherever it may be.
Thanks Thomas for your efforts.
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2020, 10:48:41 »
should we postpone it? 

it is 4 weeks to go....official figures of Corona infects are rising

we have to wear masks in all places where you might get closer to other people (supermarkets, restaurants, queues, ships, trains, etc)
ok, this is not new, only getting nearer and nearer to our planned date, it increases, instead of decreases

do we really want to share our pictures on the screens with masks in our faces and stay always 1.5m off each other?
do we need to take the risk for others and for us to meet in an international group without the necessitiy for this meeting?

I am really afraid, the fun is limited.

those are my thought and now my problems:  for a group visiting a showplace I have to ask for time windows to enter, so how big is the group?
finding places to sleep and a place for a "headquarter" to meet and discuss is not getting easier as well with the time running

?

Thomas Stellwag

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2020, 15:17:40 »
I agree - I think we have to postpone the event until the situation clears at least in Europe.Bust a huge thank you for the initiative!
Erik Lund

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2020, 14:45:56 »
Unfortunately, i agree that we need to postpone... health and safety is paramount in these situations...
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2020, 20:41:51 »
Yeah. Too risky. I had already mentally checked out after seeing the increasing number of ‘code orange’ and ‘code red’ areas. Too bad. But a new year brings new opportunities...and hopefully a vaccin.
Peter