Introductions > Introduce Yourself

A few words from Scotland

(1/6) > >>

David Paterson:
I used to be davepaterson, now I've become dgp2015 which is quicker to type.

I'm a retired commercial and editorial photographer and have been a photographer of one kind or another since 1965, so I'm not exactly a teenager. Since retiring to live back in Scotland I have actually been more active - photographically - than ever before; I have the time and (just about enough) energy to be out most days indulging my passion for nature and landscape.

I've published a lot of books and have held a lot of exhibitions - currently (June 2015), I have an exhibition going around several galleries - images of the most important neolithic monuments in Scotland.

Oh and - time to open this can of worms, I think - I have Parkinson's Disease.

Bjørn J:
Hello Dave, great to see you here!
I look forward to see more of your wonderful Scottish landscapes.

Bjørn J

Bjørn Rørslett:
I am thrilled that you took to our new revived NG, Dave !! Been some time since the Lofoten raid under old NG auspices, but never say never.

Sorry about your illness, there is little or no fairness in the manner Nature distributes its less attractive annoyances. However, your photography bears testimony to your being able to cope with the situation. Good on you, good for us all.

David Paterson:
Thanks, Bjørn and Bjørn; it's good to be among friends.

I don't really know why, but I seem to enjoy more affinity with my Norwegian photographic friends and acquaintances than with their Scottish equivalents. Maybe it's because my name is - of course - a Viking one. Paterson = Petersson.   ;D ;D ;D

Bjørn J:
Paterson could also be the Norwegian Pettersen, a very common family name in Norway. Petersson is Swedish. It means "son of Peter". You could well have Viking blood in your veins :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version