Gear Talk > Other

Two strong remarks about photography (to me)

<< < (2/5) > >>

CS:

--- Quote from: Ann on June 24, 2019, 21:39:36 ---Wise comments.

I have often wondered whether the "Art of Observation" is teachable; or whether some people are fortunate to have been born with that latent ability and others, very sadly, have not?

--- End quote ---

You're not alone in those thoughts, Ann.

Airy:
My son has always had a striking ability to notice things that would not attract attention of other people, and that's not only my (proud father's) observation. He also happens to be a "natural photographer".

Now that does not mean that "art of observation" cannot be acquired by training and teaching.

I have a good book by Willy Ronis, about six or seven fundamental attitudes that lead to interesting shots, with assorted examples from his works. Not gear, not techniques, but attitudes or mindsets. There are other books dealing with that subject, but less systematically.

golunvolo:
Thanks Aguinaldo, I also concur with both. Still missing the emotional part of all of it.

Airy, do you mind to share the name of the book?

Bern:

--- Quote from: Airy on June 24, 2019, 23:23:12 ---I have a good book by Willy Ronis, about six or seven fundamental attitudes that lead to interesting shots, with assorted examples from his works. Not gear, not techniques, but attitudes or mindsets. There are other books dealing with that subject, but less systematically.

--- End quote ---

Would you remember the title of the book?

Akira:
Thank you for the reminder, Aguinaldo.  These can be true for most kinds of art.

--- Quote from: Ann on June 24, 2019, 21:39:36 ---I have often wondered whether the "Art of Observation" is teachable; or whether some people are fortunate to have been born with that latent ability and others, very sadly, have not?

--- End quote ---

I think it is not "teachable", but it could be "found out" by a person of similar talent and "brushed up" by being exposed to and/or inspired by fine art works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version