Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Nikkor 20-60mm zoom on Z6?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
Put a BR-4, BR-6, or E/E2 on the exposed rear end. Then you can manipulate the aperture lever. Or use a matchstick -- well-known accessory :D

Most third-party Nikon F(G) - Z adapter lack the stray light baffles that restrict some lenses from being mounted onto the FTZ. As they also are devoid of the electric contacts, the camera essentially is "blind" and sees your IX-Nikkor as just another alien acquaintance.

Ian R:
Thanks Birna.

Yesteday I took my FTZ and looked where interference occurred. I used my dremel on the removed lens mount and removed the excess plasic parts. This did not affect the lene operation and so far I have successfully  done the 20-60 and 60-180. The 30-60 is a little more problematic but once I have worked out what to do I'll share photos of and taken with all three. I'd rather use the lenses than not, even with limitations.

Birna Rørslett:
Together with Araldite (epoxy glue), a  Dremel is the ultimate problem-solving tool for photographers :D

I wonder whether the camera can read the lens data through the FTZ, once you got the lens mounted? If that be the case, one can control the lens through the camera's interface. No need for fiddling with the aperture directly.

Ian R:
Yes, camera sees and reports the lens perfectly, just no screwdriver AF action of course.

Birna Rørslett:
You probably can live with that? IX-Nikkors do have some means of manual focusing if memory serves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version