Author Topic: March 2019  (Read 81122 times)

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: March 2019
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2019, 21:49:59 »
This table is from my father-in-law’s house (passed down from his father-in-law as things turn out). After he died, not one of his children wanted it so I got it. Many a time over the years I drank from this little bar so it has a good pedigree. As for Town Branch, I’ve never tried it but will do so tomorrow on my birthday. The liquor store didn’t have any of my favorite bourbons - Old Grand Dad, Wild Turkey to name two - so I tried something new. As for Maker’s Mark, a pal of mine swears by it but I find it too smoky for a regular drinking whiskey. Finally, martinis - that is indeed Martini and Rossi but it is there for my guests. I drink my gin straight, shaken not stirred (!), so it may not even qualify as a martini. I do like some fruit in it, an onion, an olive or a lemon peel twist, but never all three at once!

First, let me say Happy Birthday!

Great story behind the Spirit Locker, and one that I can appreciate. My regular bourbon is Jim Beam, with an occasional fill in by Makers Mark.

As for martinis, my wife makes the best, IMO. Her recipe is 1 tablespoon of vermouth over the ice in the shaker, shake once, and strain it out. Add gin and shake 40 times.Garnish with onion, or olive, and once is a great while a Maytag blue cheese stuffed olive (yes, I have a source). I too like my martinis on the dry side, and have them with straight gin if the vermouth accidentally runs out. I  believe that merely saying "vermouth" over the shaker (but not too loudly!) qualifies it as a martini!  ;)
Carl

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2019, 21:57:03 »
a fulminant start into the month, we are one page two on day three and I set pages to 50 posts per page. A new record!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Alaun

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 00:50:47 »
a fulminant start into the month...

yes, spring is coming

"Denn wenn dat Trömmelchen jeht, ..."

Wer-      Dro-
      ner         ste

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2019, 10:08:32 »
yes, spring is coming

"Denn wenn dat Trömmelchen jeht, ..."

I guess I will take some shots of Rosenmontag today
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2019, 13:56:05 »
No comment ;)

D850  28-300mm f/3.5-5.6vr

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2019, 13:58:22 »
No comment ;)

Made me smile

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2019, 14:02:48 »
Window Television, Fons?  ;)

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2019, 14:03:57 »
The Forsythia is very late. Normally January or February flowering

D850   105/4 Ai

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2019, 14:27:14 »
Window Television, Fons?  ;)
Made me smile

Thank you, i started the window thread some time ago on these forums, windows are a good motive for suggesting dimensions in your photos.

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2019, 14:28:41 »
The Forsythia is very late. Normally January or February flowering

D850   105/4 Ai

When nature you never can tell, fortunately, each year and season are so different.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2019, 14:49:52 »
No comment ;)

very beautiful group shot

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: [Theme] March 2019
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2019, 08:07:22 »
Woke up early this morning to yet another snow fall. Just when I had hopes for a change-over to spring conditions. Oh well.

At least the scene allowed me to ascertain the performance of the 100mm f/1.6 Rodenstock XR-Heligon on my Z6. Not bad at all. There is some inevitable colour fringing as indeed expected for a high-contrast scenery like this, but nothing out of bonds for Photo Ninja to handle. The depth-of-field is of course pretty wafer thin, but the transition to the out-of-focus areas is superbly smooth. The overall impression is that of a muted pastel-like painting. Exactly as I had hoped for.

This is my kitchen view, by the way.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: [Theme] March 2019
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2019, 09:11:28 »
Woke up early this morning to yet another snow fall. Just when I had hopes for a change-over to spring conditions. Oh well.

At least the scene allowed me to ascertain the performance of the 100mm f/1.6 Rodenstock XR-Heligon on my Z6. Not bad at all. There is some inevitable colour fringing as indeed expected for a high-contrast scenery like this, but nothing out of bonds for Photo Ninja to handle. The depth-of-field is of course pretty wafer thin, but the transition to the out-of-focus areas is superbly smooth. The overall impression is that of a muted pastel-like painting. Exactly as I had hoped for.

This is my kitchen view, by the way.

The image doesn't look at all like the one shot with the specialized lens whose purpose is nowhere near the landscape shots.  Amazing.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2019, 09:12:12 »
March 5.

Here in Tokyo, the climate feels totally different.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Thomas Stellwag

• NG Supporter
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2019, 09:16:04 »
No comment ;)

@ Fons, the first leopards I see without bars  :D
great shot
Thomas Stellwag