Gear Talk > Lens Talk

Show us your Mirror Lens shots!

(1/20) > >>

Dr Klaus Schmitt:
Spring has just arrived here....

Shot using a Rubinar 4.5/300mm mirror lens...

atpaula:
1000mm f/11

500mm f/5

500mm f/8

500mm f/8

1000mm f/11

Grahame Hamblin:
Samyang  500  took it out took a few then put it away

Birna Rørslett:
The 'Enigma' is a mirror lens specified to be 125mm f/1.2 according to the lens data engraved on its front. Nothing else is known about it (hence the nick-name) although I suspect it might be of Russian origin. I have had the lens for many years without being the wiser about its particulars.

The register distance is very short and the lens has huge girth thus it is almost impossible to mount directly onto modern cameras with all their ergometric protrusions. Erik ('Dr.Lens') and I circumvented the problem by removing the field lens at the rear exit and using a modified TC 1.4X to move the focal plane sufficiently backwards. This changes the configuration to 175mm f/1.7.

A few CX or m43 mount cameras are flat enough in front to allow the lens to mount as the original 125mm f/1.2, but the limited sensor size means viewing angle is very narrow. It also works is the original 'Enigma' on my Z cameras with a tad of extension as a spacer to clear the camera contour.

I have used the 'Enigma' on my Nikons including UV captures. A few examples are below.

Dr Klaus Schmitt:
Wonderful interesting lens Birna; I have a similar unlabled one from a mil. night vision device, but have not adapted it yet, also because it has a rather short register distance, optimised for a directly attached image amplification device. Nice results you got, also in UV!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version