Images > Critique

Further up on the road. 40 meters or so.

(1/3) > >>

chals:
Nearby house

Tristin:
The image is tilted to the right, and not pleasantly.  The other issue I see is the shadows being unnaturally high on the ground, and the sky being unnaturally light.  Just because detail is captured, does not mean it should be left in the final image.

Lastly, the low perspective makes it seem as though it is from a child's view.  I personally would alter the PP for a nostalgic look to complement this.

ianwatson:

--- Quote from: Tristin on September 18, 2019, 04:24:16 ---I personally would alter the PP for a nostalgic look to complement this.

--- End quote ---

I like the idea but am unsure how to achieve it. What would you suggest?

Tristin:
Can be done by negating the qualities typical of modern images compared to the past.  Lower contrast, less saturated colors, not correcting vignetting, no sharpening, etc. 

IMO the key is to be light with these changes, to impact the image without looking like you edited it to be "old-timey".  You don't want an "effect" to dominate the image itself.

ianwatson:
Thank you, Tristin. Besides general curiosity, I have a photograph that I want to evoke a bit of nostalgia and sadness. I will try your suggestions and perhaps cool the colour temperature slightly as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version