Author Topic: Additional Camera Body - D810?  (Read 7540 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Additional Camera Body - D810?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 10:20:10 »
When the D850 was launched, a lot of people scurried to sell off their 810 cameras. I availed myself of the price drop to buy brand a new D810 from my dealer's stock which with VAT deduction cost me less than the second-hand offerings. It was put straight into my studio for focus stacking and high-magnification work and worked flawlessly for these tasks. I now augment it with a Z7, likewise purchased cheap. All the remote control stuff and A/C supplies are interchangeable.

The D810 is much better than the predecessor D800 for focusing manually. It also has a superior Live View capability again seen against the D800.

Enjoy your D810.

mncorrado

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Additional Camera Body - D810?
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 01:33:54 »
I have yet to really work with the camera body.  I did end up purchasing the Nikkor 28-105mm f3.5-4.5d lens for my one walking around lens... all of my other FX lenses are AI/AIS manual focus types.  For the extremely brief amount of time I had the 28-105 mounted on the 810 to see if it worked... I have to say I liked it.  I then mounted it to my 7100 and it seemed to work fine there as well.

I have to get outside and start clicking more.  There was record snowfall here in the Twin Cities of Minnesota this month.  No excuses but the winter has been hitting me hard this year.