Author Topic: Film Scanners?  (Read 7061 times)

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: Film Scanners?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 01:31:09 »
I know. The laptops & PCs  I'm using for scanning purposes all support FireWire. No need to purchase any additional hardware.

In the unlikely event these laptops all fail, and/or my virtual machine server(s) no longer work, I might have to rethink the situation. However, that is a lot of ifs.

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Film Scanners?
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 02:12:25 »
I know. The laptops & PCs  I'm using for scanning purposes all support FireWire. No need to purchase any additional hardware.

In the unlikely event these laptops all fail, and/or my virtual machine server(s) no longer work, I might have to rethink the situation. However, that is a lot of ifs.

Scanners being the notorious speed bottlenecks that they are to begin with, I'm not sure that the specific interface matters a whole lot. Big bonus to Nikon with that 50 slide tray. Not that it Makes scanning any faster, it does allow one to set it up and ignore it for extended periods, doing something else while it runs.

Digital bodies have spoiled me, I don't have the patience to scan film any more. I should probably get rid of my film bodies before they drop even further in value. Same for some old flash units, and my 20-35 f/2.8 <sigh>.
Carl