Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon Z6/7 mirrorless system

(1/277) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
Finally -- very much delayed and awaited -- my first Z system parts arrived. This evening I received the Z7 kit (Z7, 24-70/4, FTZ), and the 35/1.8 S-Line Nikkor. Still awaiting the Z6 and probably in spring 2019, the mighty new Noct 58/0.95.

First observation is that my Foolography GPS unit, as I (hoped|expected) did work flawlessly on the Z7.

Will now scour the internet to find a suitable L-bracket for these camera models.

This is a continuation of the older thread http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,7705.0.html
As people now are getting their Z's, we can contribute actual experiences more than idle speculations

All NG members are welcome to participate, of course

Frank Fremerey:
My foolography did not arrive yet...

Birna Rørslett:
Spoke to Oliver Perialis the CEO of Foolography today. He told me they had been flooded with requests and the last days sent out several thousand of the new 'Unleashed'. Your unit might be there, Frank.

I moved an older model, Dx00'09, from one of my Nikons just to test whether it worked on the Z7. Which it did without any issues. Thus, now my camera has seen its first modification, as one part of the rubber gasket on the left hand side has been cut away for the GPS device.

Also threw away the hot shoe cover thingie. Another small step in the direction of a personal camera set up.

Now, time to cue suitable music and find a comfortable chair. The manual is thick.

Erik Lund:
Congratulations  ;)  enjoy! We are all looking forward to hear and see your findings good and bad  ;)

Birna Rørslett:
The Z7 is like most new Nikons -- an enjoyable piece of camera gear. Although the menu system is pretty extensive, the basic functions are easily configured and one is ready for actual shooting very quickly indeed.

A quick trip to deliver my little red Peugeot to the repair facility this morning produced some photos as "collateral damage". Morning hours are very dark this time of the year, so I just pushed the release and hoped for the best.

Z7, 35/1.8 (everything on "A"). This lens is very sharp and quite light weight to boot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version