Travelogues > Future NG Events - and Location Reveries

Could there be another Scottish spring? JOIN US AT SHEIL LODGE

<< < (6/6)

Anthony:
All the car rental companies at Edinburgh Airport should be fine, provided that their cars are on the airport and not at some location away from the airport.  You definitely need to check this.

I use Carrentals for car hire as the prices are usually a lot better than booking direct. I have used this company for rental in many countries  https://www.carrentals.co.uk/?aff=9999&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjufn29qN3gIVCrTtCh0smAVmEAAYAiAAEgKC6_D_BwE

However, it is always worth checking with the rental company as well.

You need to read the terms and conditions very carefully because they do vary, particularly in terms of unlimited/limited mileage and fuel policy (eg full tank to full tank versus  they sell you a full tank and you return it as near empty as possible.  The former is much better.).

I have an annual insurance for excess liability over the standard CDW.  It works out a lot cheaper than paying for cover from the hire company, especially if you rent several times a year.  Some of the companies which Carrentals covers include insurance for excess liability.  Note that the car hire company will try to persuade you to take their excess cover even if you have insurance, and they will block an amount on your card for security.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version