Author Topic: Warm welcome from North Texas  (Read 3295 times)

steinbiggity

• NG Member
Warm welcome from North Texas
« on: December 11, 2018, 20:56:22 »
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, I've been a long time lurker, recently made an account and decided to post.  A bit about myself, I grew up hanging out at my father's commercial photography studio.  Playing around with medium and large format cameras more than anything else at the time, this was about 25-30 years ago.  Since then I've been doing more 35mm because its convenient, I own and shoot a few film cameras (Nikons, meduim formats, deardorfs) at the moment and a D750.

Most of my time is spent taking pictures of my children, archiving them and anticipating the day I get to show my grandchildren how awful amusing their parents were.  Aside from that when I do make it out for excursions I take pictures of just about anything that I find interesting, one of the best things about being a part of nature is enjoying it however you choose to.  Attached a few photos from 2018, some digital, some film.  Can't wait to interact more with all of you.

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
Re: Warm welcome from North Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 21:08:41 »
Warm welcome to NG.
Hope you have a good time in our little worldly community :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 21:15:39 »
Welcome! I hope we can keep seeing more of that corner of the world. Beautiful nature

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 21:20:22 »
Welcome to the peaceful corner of the cyberspace that is Nikongear and its community.

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 06:00:16 »
Welcome! I see they still have flying snakes in St. Louis. Digital cameras don’t seem to capture them. We get dark blobs instead.

steinbiggity

• NG Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 16:45:41 »
Welcome! I see they still have flying snakes in St. Louis. Digital cameras don’t seem to capture them. We get dark blobs instead.

Flying snakes are much more fun than dark blobs, especially if they're venomous.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 19:01:31 »
Welcome to the peaceful corner of the cyberspace that is Nikongear and its community.

Absolutely! Welcome!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/