Gear Talk > Camera Talk

The new Nikon mirrorless system

<< < (133/135) > >>

Birna Rørslett:
One has to use the remedies nearest at hand. I got bags of genuine Nikon stock screws from my friendly Nikon tech, and nail polish is always at the standby these days :)

My approach works reliably. That is what matters to me.

golunvolo:
Wonders of the Z system.
 Z6, 50mm 1.8 @1.8, 8000 iso, 1/25th handheld with ibis on. Piece of cake.

golunvolo:
Because of the big impact the card type and speed has on the Z9 buffer, I tried with the z6 out of curiosity. I only had two cards at hand today, same 64gb capacity, both sony xqd G, read 440mb/s write 400mb/s. Exact same card.
  On h*, raw 14 bit the results were
Z61, card1: 55 shots
Z62, card2: 35 shots

Kind of weird...I switched cards and the results were

Z61, card2: 34 shots
Z62, card1: 55 shots

I was worried about a lesser camera but the difference is the card performance. They both come from kits, already in the camera box so I mostly reject the possibility of a fake card.

I have heard of sample variation on lenses but not on memory cards, and not by this huge margin.

Ilkka Nissilä:

--- Quote from: golunvolo on November 11, 2021, 13:15:27 ---Because of the big impact the card type and speed has on the Z9 buffer, I tried with the z6 out of curiosity. I only had two cards at hand today, same 64gb capacity, both sony xqd G, read 440mb/s write 400mb/s. Exact same card.
  On h*, raw 14 bit the results were
Z61, card1: 55 shots
Z62, card2: 35 shots

Kind of weird...I switched cards and the results were

Z61, card2: 34 shots
Z62, card1: 55 shots

I was worried about a lesser camera but the difference is the card performance. They both come from kits, already in the camera box so I mostly reject the possibility of a fake card.

I have heard of sample variation on lenses but not on memory cards, and not by this huge margin.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried contacting Sony about it? It seems like a faulty card.

golunvolo:
They are old cards. Never fail me and I have never fill the buffer but today for the test, so most likely no but if ultimate performance is your trait, be aware.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version