Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Fun with clouds (inspired by Dave)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Akira:

--- Quote from: David Paterson on July 29, 2018, 22:08:34 ---Yes, Clouds-R-Us! Some very nice things there, Akira (and not only Akira). I have always considered the sky to be a very important element in any landscape image and therefore clouds are very important too. I really dislike a plain blue sky.

How is the temperature in Tokyo? Here in central Scotland, away from cooling sea breezes, we went from over 30 in the hottest part of the day, to under 20 - in just one 24-hour period.

--- End quote ---

Dave, thank you for your comment.  Indeed the clouds are essential compositional elements for the land- and cityscape images.  I think I've been a bit too much indulged in the shapes and colors of the clouds.  Thank you for inspiring!

The temperature in Tokyo has been a bit lower for a couple of days, after the typhoon had passed.  But, in general, the heat in this summer is just insane.  36-38 degree Celsius has been pretty average during this July.  In some cities in Kanto area and in Nagoya, the highest temperature of a day even exceeded 40 degree!

I realize that the northern area of Europe and GB has also been suffering from the exceptional heat.  Hope the people in that area to take care!

Jakov Minić:
Akira, thank you for pointing out Dave's thread, i missed it.

Since you are Mr Cloud, I need to reiterate how much I enjoy seeing oyu clouds :)

Basker, great shot, too!

Akira:
Jakov, thank you for kind comments

Looking at the images of Dave, Sam and myself, I re-realized that the clouds are very useful for the abstraction of the landscape or turning the otherwise ordinary scenes into something other-worldly.   8)

basker:
This may not even be a cloud. I do not know what it is. Shot from a Hotel balcony, around sunrise, facing west. (Coolpix A)

Note to myself on 11 January 2019:  These are called anti-crepuscular rays.

Akira:

--- Quote from: basker on December 30, 2018, 02:10:03 ---This may not even be a cloud. I do not know what it is. Shot from a Hotel balcony, around sunrise, facing west.

--- End quote ---

Sam, this is literally phenomenal!  I think this is radiating light from the sun which is caused by the cloud or some jaggy mountain?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version