Author Topic: The little island in the South...  (Read 7479 times)

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
Re: The little island in the South...
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 15:23:29 »
Jacques, I like all but Réverbération by a whisker. Sound idyllic.  I cannot go to the remotest spots and not find people and normally more than a few.  You know that feeling  :) Glad to see the D3X still getting a look in.   I've not shoot more than a few hundred clicks with the D3S since getting the Df and D750.
All the best
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 15:43:20 »
What a wonderful place. I like the whole series as it tells a nice story and I'm particularly fond of the light on #4.
Thanks... :-) It's really a nice little spot not very far from mainland. We had the luck of being able to rent from the same old lady for more then twenty years now. My children grew up there on summers as if I had bought a house... :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 15:48:42 »
Aside from the high blue saturation on the first two, these communicate the visual beauty of the Mediterranian locale.
You're quite right about the blues... I'm not so good at colors, in my other life I developed and printed B&W, but relied mostly on Kodachrome for the colors... :-)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 15:50:29 »
Au mouillage, le soir...  is particularly nice. I love the drama and mood you created.
Thank you... :-) It's the usual little walk at night to see the weather at the port office... :-)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2015, 15:53:40 »
I love the pair of green window shades best. Great lighting
Thanks, those shades are the true spirit of the southern parts of France ! Open at night to let the fresh air in, and closed almost all day to keep the sun away... :-)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 15:55:13 »
What a wonderul set

Réverbération is my favorite
Me too, so many shades of light... :-)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 16:01:32 »
Beautiful series. I especially like numbers 3 and 4, and the last one. Such a beautiful place you are taking your family to!
Thank you ! I do believe in very simple but efficient ways of raising children. Discovering the world is high on the list ! Two girls, a boy, each had a FM10 for his 15 years birthday, with a supply of film and how to develop them... :-) One is a photographer and philosopher, the other is in movie production, the third is in computerized images... Go figure why :-)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 16:06:11 »
Jacques, I like all but Réverbération by a whisker. Sound idyllic.  I cannot go to the remotest spots and not find people and normally more than a few.  You know that feeling  :) Glad to see the D3X still getting a look in. I've not shoot more than a few hundred clicks with the D3S since getting the Df and D750.
All the best
Tom
I do remember trips through India (North and East parts), stopping the car in a fully desertic landscape (to pee), to see it filled in a few seconds by people coming out of nowhere... :-)

The D3x is still a great camera with it's very nice sensor. When 24Mp is needed he gets the job :-) But I do tend to use the Df first :-)

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 17:24:26 »
Wonderful shots Jacques. #3 and #5 are very compelling composition.
Anirban Halder

smusesuse

• NG Member
  • The Hague, Netherlands
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 11:10:14 »
Beautiful series. I especially like numbers 3 and 4, and the last one. Such a beautiful place you are taking your family to!
Thank you ! I do believe in very simple but efficient ways of raising children. Discovering the world is high on the list ! Two girls, a boy, each had a FM10 for his 15 years birthday, with a supply of film and how to develop them... :-) One is a photographer and philosopher, the other is in movie production, the third is in computerized images... Go figure why :-)

Looks like you did a good job raising your children! :) You certainly influenced them, you must be proud of them.
Suse