Author Topic: Emma at Four  (Read 919 times)

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Emma at Four
« on: June 10, 2018, 15:34:25 »
Yesterday, after a couple of hours in the pool. Comments and criticism appreciated.
Nikon D500, 70-200 f/2.8 VR at 78mm,  f/7.1, 1/125 sec. at ISO 100.

I’d be particularly interested in whether you think it is overexposed.

Thanks,
AD

ianwatson

Re: Emma at Four
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 16:56:33 »
A lovely portrait of a charming young lady.

As for the exposure, did you lighten the shadows? I moved the Blacks slider to -50 in Lightroom and here is the result. What do you think?

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:18:29 »
A lovely portrait of a charming young lady.

As for the exposure, did you lighten the shadows? I moved the Blacks slider to -50 in Lightroom and here is the result. What do you think?

I can’t get at the computer right now, my son and daughter in law are staying with us for the summer and their baby (not Emma) is sleeping in our computer room. I’ll let you know as soon as I can get a look at both images on the big screen. Thanks for your reply.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:28:34 »
haha, the style looks as if she knows: "I will one day reign this colonial kingdom" ... great shot & story telling
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:11:19 »
Nice shot, exposure looks good, but really it is you who decide what you want emotion/light to be,,, I bet it will look awesome in B&W as well
Erik Lund