Author Topic: Nikon Thousand and One Nights Tale 64 and Tale 65  (Read 1112 times)

chambeshi

Nikon Thousand and One Nights Tale 64 and Tale 65
« on: March 27, 2018, 12:53:57 »
No 64 EL-Nikkor 80mm f/5.6N

No 65 AF Zoom-Nikkor 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED

The Concluding Section VII of Tale 65 resonates "Over the past few years, we have seen the revival of one old lens after another. I think that the primary reason for this is the fact that mirrorless cameras support mount adapters that allow users to play with a wide variety of lenses. Photographers are taking a new look at their old lenses, and rediscovering the soul that still resides in these once dead-stocked lenses. This is a wonderful thing. Many F-mount lenses especially have an incredibly long life if not discarded, enabling users to enjoy unique differences in their rendering characteristics."

And the 28-200 G zoom sure is scarce!

Chip Chipowski

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon Thousand and One Nights Tale 64 and Tale 65
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 14:56:20 »
Thanks for posting.  I can't wait for the Tale about my newest lens - the 35-80mm plastique.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 14:59:18 »
I believe that this series; Nikon Thousand and One Nights Tales is a product of proud and dedicated Japanese optical engineers.

Has nothing to do with mirro-less at all.

Erik Lund

Kenneth Rich

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 17:38:47 »
Yes, I agree, Eric, and it is valid, if we MUST pinpoint one cause, to say that the introduction of the Df is the most significant factor in the resurgence of interest in the "Legacy" lenses.