Author Topic: Too Good To Pass Up Deal on the D750  (Read 4401 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Too Good To Pass Up Deal on the D750
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 19:46:52 »
Noise-wise, I prefer the Df in quiet mode. Sounds like you're doing a slow exposure with a film camera of yore.

That should be handy to photograph organs in churches.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 19:52:33 »
I guess Nikon is now pouring most of their energy to develop the mirrorless system.  So, I won't expect any update for any DSLR models for a while, even for D610 or 750 that have been around for quite some time.  Getting D750 even at this point of time should make a lot of sense.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

gryphon1911

• Looking For The Best Light
  • NG Member
  • Use The Best Light - ANY Light that is available!
    • Best Light Photographic Photographic
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 22:29:22 »
So, I had enough time to be able to get the proper confidence with the D750.  Used it on the wedding I shot this past weekend.  I'll have some images to share soon from that, but I wanted to give the bride and her family some time to see them before the rest of the world!  :D

IQ is excellent.  Really close to the Df in some ways.  What I noticed right off the bat is the exposure "brain" is much more intelligent than the D700.  It handles back lighting WAY better than the D700.   I also noticed a very slight increase in AF speed and acquisition.  Most people may not notice it, but I did.   Would it matter in 99% of situations.  Heck no!

I had the Tamron 70-200/2.8VC on it for the duration and it only had one hiccup and that, I believe was my fault.  I'm not used to the body yet and my left hand wrapped around the bottom of the body and I accidentally bumped the lens release.  It was just enough to have the lens stop responding.  Unmounting and remounting fixed my mistake.

What I do miss when using the D750....the speed of the D500.  That damn camera has so spoiled me, it is not even funny anymore.  When you can rattle off 10fps at will...then going to a D750 in continuous just seems anemic.  However, as mentioned previously, shooting high speed sports or 10fps is not this cameras primary role.

I do wish the D750 had a 10pin remote port.   The only Nikon I have that has that port is the D500 now.  I use a Vello remote trigger and the only cable I have is the one for the 10pin.   I had need for a remote camera, and I needed to relegate the D500 for that.  I know this is a "tough problem to have" but I then needed to use the Df with the 24-70/2.8 and the D750 was used with the long lens.
I'll have to order another Vello cable to use with the other 2.
Andrew
Nikon Z6/D500/Df Shooter (Various lenses), Olympus PEN-F (Various lenses), Fuji XPro2/X-E3 (various lenses)

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 07:10:26 »
The D5 does have the ten-pin socket as does the D3S so I imagine that the D4 series also has them?

The alternative to using a cable-release for cameras which don't have a ten-pin port would be to use a radio-trigger like the Yong Nuo 622-N units?

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 11:52:18 »
What I do miss when using the D750....the speed of the D500.  That damn camera has so spoiled me, it is not even funny anymore. 

I had to laugh out loud reading this. You are sooo right. The D500 is a terrific piece of hardware for a very fair price, starting from 1320€ for a factory sealed new unit. The speed of a D850 is comparable if you use D5 batteries, but the price is still next to 3500€ for the combo...

You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

gryphon1911

• NG Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 12:59:51 »
The D5 does have the ten-pin socket as does the D3S so I imagine that the D4 series also has them?

The alternative to using a cable-release for cameras which don't have a ten-pin port would be to use a radio-trigger like the Yong Nuo 622-N units?

Yes, using a remote flash trigger would also work...but unfortunately my issue is that I need to get one of the DC2 trigger cables, which has now been ordered and should be here early next week.  :D
Andrew
Nikon Z6/D500/Df Shooter (Various lenses), Olympus PEN-F (Various lenses), Fuji XPro2/X-E3 (various lenses)

Peter Connan

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 06:01:46 »
I really hope yours lasts, because that sensor is just fantastic.

I just couldn't rely on mine in the end. I would strongly recommend that, when shooting for money, you have a backup camera at hand. But it seems you do take at least three bodies, and that should be enough.

gryphon1911

• NG Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 15:39:48 »
Oh, yes....definitely have backups and at weddings, backups to backups.  :D
Andrew