Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

More flowers

(1/4) > >>

HCS:
Don't you ever stop?  :o :( :D

Well ... no. In analogy to Lowell's barn shots, you know, close-up and then context, these flower shots. One flower, very close (reversed 35mm), then close (150 macro), then context (150 macro). Flash used in all of them, bare, hand held from a distance, low angle.

Let me know whether you like, or not. And ... any suggestion to change/improve.

Gary:
Don't ever stop. :)

Jakov Minić:
it has always been difficult for me to comment and critique photos, because i always have in the back of my mind a simple fact, who are you to judge anybody's photos? in fact, i have that approach for everything in life. "who are you to judge..."
but let me try this time, anyway:

yellow flowers i find tricky to shoot. pink or purple, too. i don't know why that is, but the colors always seem to be a bit washed out and the details get lost somehow.
so for you pictures, i would play a bit with the color toning and contrast.
as for future shots, how about finding a nice blue background for the yellow flowers, i think it suits them best :)

Gary:

--- Quote from: Jakov Minic on July 13, 2015, 09:36:40 ---it has always been difficult for me to comment and critique photos, because i always have in the back of my mind a simple fact, who are you to judge anybody's photos? in fact, i have that approach for everything in life. "who are you to judge..."
but let me try this time, anyway:

yellow flowers i find tricky to shoot. pink or purple, too. i don't know why that is, but the colors always seem to be a bit washed out and the details get lost somehow.
so for you pictures, i would play a bit with the color toning and contrast.
as for future shots, how about finding a nice blue background for the yellow flowers, i think it suits them best :)

--- End quote ---
A blue background would be quite interesting.

HCS:
Thanks guys.

Jakov, thanks for taking the time to look deeper. I appreciate that. It's the only way for me (and possibly others) to progress.

I also find purple to be a difficult colour, not in the least because of how camera sensors work. Yellow is OK. I tried hard to give the flowers enough exposure, yet underdid it and had to raise exposure during development.

I'll have a look at increasing contrast or doing some tone mapping. I tried to keep the recipe simple this time, only capture one, no post processing.

So, you both want yellow against blue, which is hard to come by around here in natural settings (as the three 1st ones are), here you go! Posted before on "the other site" (and hanging 75x50 on my wall).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version