Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Fuji explains why they stick with the APS-C format

(1/4) > >>

Jan Anne:
Amazon Japan met with Optical Device & Electronic Imaging Products Manager Takashi Ueno to follow up a previous interview, and talked about the reason why the X series will not go for the full frame format.

The short answer:
We gave a lot of thought to this, and reached our conclusion that APS-C is the best format for the optimum balance of body size and image quality.

The long answer:
http://fujifilm-blog.com/2015/06/30/interview-with-mr-takashi-ueno-from-fujifilm-tokyo-why-dont-fujifilm-make-full-frame-dslr/

Curious what our Fuji fans have to say about this, opinions of others are of course also appreciated :)

HCS:

--- Quote from: Jan Anne on July 09, 2015, 20:36:47 ---Amazon Japan met with Optical Device & Electronic Imaging Products Manager Takashi Ueno to follow up a previous interview, and talked about the reason why the X series will not go for the full frame format.

The short answer:
We gave a lot of thought to this, and reached our conclusion that APS-C is the best format for the optimum balance of body size and image quality.

The long answer:
http://fujifilm-blog.com/2015/06/30/interview-with-mr-takashi-ueno-from-fujifilm-tokyo-why-dont-fujifilm-make-full-frame-dslr/

Curious what our Fuji fans have to say about this, opinions of others are of course also appreciated :)

--- End quote ---

I'd say that we've heard this before, haven't we  :) :) :)

Anthony:
As a long term and current Nikon user, I have to say that the image quality from Fuji is outstanding.  Except for action photography.

Bjørn Rørslett:
Glad to hear, Anthony. What part of this is due to the raw conversion software used - or are the files straight off the camera (jpgs) good on their own?

tommiejeep:
Anthony, which Fuji(s) are you using?  I have a very strong, maybe irrational, desire to play with a Fuji .  Just want to check out the IQ.  For several reasons I do not plan on investing in a 'system' .  Often used XE-1's come on the market and some times with the Kit 18-55 f2.8-4.  I've thought about the X-20/X30 but have a feeling I want the larger sensor.  So I'm looking for the least expensive buy-in  :) .  The X100 series doesn't really suit my shooting and this would not be a primary camera.  I do have access to some very good photographers using Fuji for PP advice.
Cheers,
Tom
ps others are welcome to advise also  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version