Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Help me choose a "fine art" travel camera!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Les Olson:
If the 24-120 on the D700 is the right range and the right performance, the D7200 plus the 16-80 would be the smaller and lighter equivalent.  If the 16-80 is too expensive the older 16-85 is very close in performance, although you lose some speed and subject isolation.

David H. Hartman:

--- Quote from: Les Olson on November 28, 2017, 12:39:00 ---If the 16-80 is too expensive the older 16-85 is very close in performance, although you lose some speed and subject isolation.

--- End quote ---

A friend owns the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR and I can vouch for it. I've shot with it and I've done post processing for her. If the 16-80/2.8-4.0 wouldn't need to be better to please me. The extra speed especially at 80mm would be welcome.

The 16-85/3.5-5.6 ED VR DX isn't bad close up. The camera was her Nikon D300. My friend tried to brush the little green thing off the rose. She's in a wheelchair so she couldn't reach it. :) I did some burning in of the antenna by using the shadow setting in Photoshop. I did selective sharpening. It's a David Austin rose. I don't know the species of mantis.

Dave

Fons Baerken:
Df recommended but rare to find secondhand.

Frank Fremerey:

--- Quote from: Fons Baerken on November 28, 2017, 14:53:15 ---Df recommended but rare to find secondhand.

--- End quote ---

lots of these on ebay

Frank Fremerey:
You want to Zoom obviously and you want to exchange lenses. If you could reduce to one great prime with one great sensor you might instead get a X100 revision t or f

it offers superb image quality in a very small package. you only need replacement batteries on the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version