Author Topic: Xpro2 with 24 MP due .... XT2 to follow  (Read 25982 times)

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
Re: Xpro2 with 24 MP due .... XT2 to follow
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2016, 10:24:47 »
Those 'paper numbers' indeed indicate that the X-T1 is a larger finder so should be better ;) so no real surprise Gary actually just a confirmation. Thanks!
Erik Lund

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2016, 11:38:58 »
Gary, a member of my French forum (Pixelistes), owner of this body reports that the battery charge doesn't last very long : about 110 shots in jpeg.

Do you confirm the same ?
Francis Devrainne

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2016, 17:05:19 »
Gary, a member of my French forum (Pixelistes), owner of this body reports that the battery charge doesn't last very long : about 110 shots in jpeg.

Do you confirm the same ?

Sorry, but no.  That seems awfully low.  As with all mirrorless, the EVF sucks up a lot of power ... so much is dependant upon how you shoot. If you frame and focus, refocus, refocus, reframe, refocus ... et cetera for every shot and then you chimp every shot, your count will be low.  If you shoot at 8FPS, your count will be high.  I definitely captured more than 110 shots on one battery. I only changed the battery once when I shot the theatrical performance.  I have about six extra batteries. I used two cards in the camera, one for RAW and the other for JPEG. (I don't have a XP2 RAW processing program yet, probably go with Iridient.)  I am adamant about turning off the cameras when not shooting. I plan to start processing the theatre stuff tonight and I'll get an image count ... but I don't know how much charge the starting XP2 battery had. But thinking back, 110 seems terribly low. (I rarely chimp.)
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Lars Hansen

• NG Member
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2016, 17:49:52 »
According to bhphoto.com the X-Pro2 has an eyepoint of only 16mm and 0.59x magnification. The X-T1 has 0.7x magnification and a 23mm eyepoint.

I wear glasses and the X-T1 viewfinder would probably be a better choice for that reason. I tried the X-T10 and I found it to be a bit tricky due to my glasses. I assume the X-T1 viewfinder is also better shielded wrt. light.

For comparison - the X-T10 is eyepoint of 17.5 mm and 0.62 magnification. Sounds like the X-T10 is slightly better than the X-Pro2 then.

Mike G

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2016, 18:23:42 »
As someone who also wears glasses I have no trouble with the X-T1 EVF and can see all of the screen, hopefully Fuji will not ruin it on the expected X-T2!

bjornthun

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2016, 18:52:49 »
My personal experience is that any viewfinder with an eyepoint specification shorter than 18-19mm will cause problems when wearing spectacles. I don't understand why the manufacturers skimp on this with modern cameras.

Mike G

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2016, 18:59:57 »
That makes two of us Bjornthun, personally I think the distance should be a minimum of 25mm!

rosko

• Homo erectus manualfocus
  • NG Supporter
  • France/Uk
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2016, 22:09:13 »
Thanks, Gary, for these useful explanations.

As you said, it depends how you use it. With my Df I rarely use the live view (except for focus in 1:1 macro work) and my battery last very long, although some users complain about it.

Cheers, Francis.
Francis Devrainne

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 20:59:45 »
Here's a review of the Xpro2 from Amy Medina:
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2016/03/16/a-fuji-x-pro-2-real-world-review-by-amy-medina/

I have no idea who she is but am truly impressed by her images, a lot of them a real wow factor.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2016, 08:52:39 »
Cheers,
Jan Anne