Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Df calibration?

(1/6) > >>

chris dees:
I got myself a nice, low mileage Df (8 months old and less than 8000 clicks).
After testing it every lens needed a AF adjustment between -15 and -20
24G, 58G, 85G and 300PF and I didn't tried my F4 zooms yet.
Should I send it in for AF calibration now it's still under warranty?

Bjørn Rørslett:
Strange. I have used a handful of Df units by now and never had any need for AF fine-tune with any lens (not counting the 105/2 DC which shouldn't have been launched as AF in the first place due to its DC feature).

I suggest you let a certified Nikon repair facility check the camera for any problems such as mount being warped, angle of main or secondary mirror out of alignment, etc.

chris dees:
It's strange, the guy I bought it from used it with a Sigma 35 art and that one was spot on.

I guess I'll have a ride to the service centre.

Erik Lund:
Chris, maybe you should take a step back and have a look at your focus test one more time...

Are you square and level on the target etc. you know there are many possibilities for small mistakes...

Have a little fun shooting it for normal targets

I have never had to adjust any of cameras for my AF lenses...

That his Sigma was dead on is sadly not a quality check though so you might have to let it go in...

Akira:
To me, it's not all that surprising.  My AF-S 35/1.8 ED had to be fine-tuned to -20 on my D7000, but after I had my camera calibrated (either on the hardware or on the deeper level of firmware) at Nikon service, I don't need to use the fine-tuning function anymore.

I think it's worth having your camera checked at the proper authorized Nikon service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version