Author Topic: Over and over  (Read 1393 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Over and over
« on: July 22, 2017, 14:16:04 »
Taken about fifteen years ago in Niagara Falls Ontario.
 It was a very bright, sunny f16 kind of day, and while my photobuds were busy taking shots of flowers, I noticed the wonderful pattern caused by the sunlight streaming onto the curved walls and floor of the walkway through the overhead vertical beams. Adding to this was the design of the bricks making up the curved wall. All in all a wonderful graphic
Setting up on a tripod(!!!!!) at the end of the curve, I took this shot.
Despite the original being almost chromatic, I converted the image to black and white in Photoshop.
motorized Nikon F2AS
Nikkor 24 mm 2.8 AIS manual focus
100 ISO colour slide
f16 @ 1/125th
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Over and over
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 17:35:12 »
I don't know why repeating patterns are interesting, but they are. Nice capture.
Carl

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 18:47:56 »
Wonderful capture !

I take you rarely use a tripod ?
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 22:30:39 »
Carl /Armando,
Thanks for the comments.
Armando,
"A street photographer with a tripod is like a cello player in a marching band."
My tripod is used mostly for holding my coffee cup while I shoot handheld.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 05:12:37 »
You are absolutelly right, nice analogy with the cello player, now 1/125 @ 24mm doesn't really need a tripod, so that is more of a reason to be surprised about you using it
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 05:39:08 »
You are absolutelly right, nice analogy with the cello player, now 1/125 @ 24mm doesn't really need a tripod, so that is more of a reason to be surprised about you using it
Armando,
With my 24, I can handhold at 1/15 or in a pinch even at 1/8 and get away with it.
But in this case it was more about framing and leveling that caused me to use the tripod.
Believe me, 99% of everything I shoot is handheld.
Robert