Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Nikon service experience & cost

(1/2) > >>

Tristin:
I sent in my D750 to have it's cracked body repaired.  It had a crack in the body running from the "i" button up to the the menu button and the body had gotten slightly deformed inward, enough that the menu and play buttons were inoperable.  On top of this, the rear LCD would not turn on for anything.  This happened last summer and I hadn't bothered to get it fixed because it honestly didn't bother me much.  I am not into chimping, never use the video, already had the settings I liked and the rear lcd not turning on every time I changed iso was fine by me!  I decided roughly a month ago that I should probably get it fixed in case it caused future issues as I was fairly certain that the internal board had undue pressure on it.

The repair charge was $304.  They also replaced my shutter and all of the rubber gripping free, along with sensor cleaning and AF adjustment.  The free shutter was a real gift though I am puzzled a bit by the grip replacement.  My grips still looked great but still a very nice gesture.  Quite clear Nikon takes customer satisfaction in service quite seriously.

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, hope the info proves handy to someone!

CS:
It's always nice to hear about customer satisfaction with a repair from Nikon USA. Many folks only talk about Nikon USA repairs when things don't go in their favor.

Akira:
Good for you, Tristin!  The rear panel is part of the monocoque construction of D750 and not just a rear "cover".  So, it should be replaced if cracked.

As for the shutter, Nikon issued a technical service advisory regarding the possible shutter issue on the D750 bodies produced during a certain period of time and offered the free replacement of the shutter units.  Maybe your body was one of such samples?

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/service-and-support/service-advisories/ibs1kfdg/Technical-Service-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D750.html

Tristin:
Ah yes, my body actually was in the effected range.  I had known that but was unconcerned so I never bothered.  Nikon's service is quite thorough and I am happy to have 10s of thousands of actuations wiped clean from my D750's slate.  :D

pluton:
I will guess that the rubber replacement was because they had to damage the original rubber cover during disassembly. 
Nice to hear that the repair was reasonably priced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version