Author Topic: Think Tank  (Read 2824 times)

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Think Tank
« on: May 28, 2017, 21:23:21 »
Does anyone use the Think Tank Airport Advantage? I'm leaning that way pretty hard, but I've not yet made the final decision. There is a TT Airport International v2.0 on an auction site, and the auction ends in about 8 hours. It's used, lightly if you believe the seller, but it might come close to the Airport Advantage price ($250), or even surpass it, before the auction ends.

I like the cable and zipper locks on the International, but I don't know that I really need the extra size compared to the Advantage. For one thing, I very likely will not be flying, and I'll just use the roller bag at locations close to home.

I have a couple of Lowepro bags that I don't really like, in fact one I hate! When loaded up the damn thing rolls over on it's face. That could be my fault for loading it in a manner that causes it to roll over, but if I can't load the bag to suit myself, then why use that bag?

Anyway, I'm looking for comments on the TT rollers, and $250 looks attractive to me.

Let the bag wars begin!  ;D
Carl

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
Re: Think Tank
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 15:24:12 »
I have two ThinkTanks: a Glas Limo (backpack for big lenses) and a Holster (bag for camera plus lens). It's the finest equipment you can find, and thought out by a Pullitzer price winner.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 17:09:23 »
Thanks. I missed out on the auction model, Airport International v2.0, out bid by one cent! Oh well. It looks like I'll go for the Airport Advantage, which I think is a better choice for me anyway.
Carl

DougB

• NG Member
  • I IS NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 17:12:07 »
I have an Airport Accelerator (several years old). It has traveled with me to and around Europe 5 times and has been hauled to various cities and soccer tournaments in N America. It looks almost new! I also have several other Think Tank products. I cannot give enough praise for their stuff - simply outstanding. The best quality I've seen in any bags etc.
If the price seems right - buy it!

DougB

• NG Member
  • I IS NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 17:30:59 »
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1492348

Carl
Here is an Airport International FS on Fred Miranda site for $235.00 including shipping & paypal.
The seller is a well known photog in Ontario so I would not hesitate to deal with him

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 17:33:19 »
I have an Airport Accelerator (several years old). It has traveled with me to and around Europe 5 times and has been hauled to various cities and soccer tournaments in N America. It looks almost new! I also have several other Think Tank products. I cannot give enough praise for their stuff - simply outstanding. The best quality I've seen in any bags etc.
If the price seems right - buy it!

Done!  8)
Carl

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 17:36:08 »
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1492348

Carl
Here is an Airport International FS on Fred Miranda site for $235.00 including shipping & paypal.
The seller is a well known photog in Ontario so I would not hesitate to deal with him

I bought the Airport Advantage while you were posting that link.
Carl

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 23:46:34 »
Thanks. I missed out on the auction model, Airport International v2.0, out bid by one cent! Oh well. It looks like I'll go for the Airport Advantage, which I think is a better choice for me anyway.

I have the street walker harddrive. It accomodates up to three gripped DSLRs plus a bunch of lenses and a flash. Great layout, great variability, very sturdy!

Or you can instead choose to put in one body with a really big lens and a lot of other stuff.

Highly recommended
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 00:33:23 »
I have the street walker harddrive. It accomodates up to three gripped DSLRs plus a bunch of lenses and a flash. Great layout, great variability, very sturdy!

Or you can instead choose to put in one body with a really big lens and a lot of other stuff.

Highly recommended

When you get to my age you'll appreciate the roller bags a lot more.   ;)
Carl

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 23:47:32 »
The Think Tank Airport Advantage roller bag arrived last evening, but I wasn't able to it until this afternoon. So, I finally got a chance to open it up and stuff it full of gear. No doubt, it will be reconfigured from time to time, to suits my needs at the time.

Although I have not taken it out of the house to go shooting yet, I'm already loving this bag! Thanks to all who offered their comments, it looks to be just  what the doctor ordered. 

As an aside, and  to demonstrate what nice people run Think Tank, let me tell you what happened after I checked out the bag. Everything looked fine, but it didn't come with a lock for the zipper. No, it wasn't supposed to, I was supposed to order one when I ordered the bag, but I didn't. By the time I tried to get ahold of Adorama this afternoon, it was too late,because they and B&H both close early on Fridays. So I called Think Tank to see if they had a preference lock to fit the little hole in the zippers. Any TSA lock they said, and let us send you one on us. Well, certainly, says me, and thank you very much!

I'm a happy camper!  ;D
Carl

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 02:20:53 »
Think Tank people and products are special
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/