Author Topic: Hello From New Zealand  (Read 1657 times)

Roland Vink

• NG Supporter
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
Hello From New Zealand
« on: June 17, 2015, 23:57:46 »
Hi, many of you will know me from other forums as "rvink". I used that handle for a long time because it was also my username at my job, but I've since moved on so decided to use my full name instead.

I maintain the Nikon lens database at http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html which lists most Nikon SLR and rangefinder lenses ever made. There's also a page on cameras which is less developed - it lists DSLRs but I would like to expand it to include film cameras also.

I currently shoot with a spotless D600, mainly with AI lenses. I also have an FE2, FM3a, and a Pentax 645 kit (which I'll probably sell).

Very nice to be here, feels like home.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Hello From New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 00:10:12 »
An honour to have you here, Roland. There might be noone here who did not find your Database useful at times. I certainly did. Thank you for all the effort!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 00:15:51 »
Your presence here is most welcome, Roland. Do feel at home and add your nuggets of information whenever your feel for it.

tommiejeep

• NG Member
  • Look for the light
    • Nikonians
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 06:12:26 »
Hi Roland, good to see you here.  Keep up the good work.  I'm not actively buying old lenses at the moment but still have several guys offering me lenses so I use your site almost daily just to checkout what I'm being offered  :)
All the best,
Tom
Tom Hardin, Goa, India