Gear Talk > Other

Anyone got experience with Epson Ecotank printers?

(1/3) > >>

Jørgen Ramskov:
I'm in need of a printer and so is my brother. We don't need to print absolute high quality, critical photos - if we should need that, we will order it at a professional print shop. This is for the random shot of the kid to hang on the fridge or the concert tickets we have to print or ???. Basically just your everyday printer for "everything". We *hate* the throw-away mentality of most inkjet printers where the printer is super cheap and the ink price is crazy expensive. It's basically cheaper to buy a new printer when you run out of ink. That's starting to change though and I think Epson was first, introducing their line of "Ecotank" printers. 

Looking around, the Epson ET-2650 seems like a decent choice: https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/inkjet-printers/consumer/ecotank-et-2650

I wonder if anyone here has any experience with the Ecotank line of printers and perhaps even this one? It's not like there's that many sites doing printer reviews, but based on the reviews I've read (here's one: https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/inkjet-printers/consumer/ecotank-et-2650), it seems to be pretty decent.

David H. Hartman:
Laser Printer, Color!

pluton:
  The thing to check is how bad the 'light fade' is on prints made with the Ecotank ink.  It is pointless to make a casual print to put on the wall that is faded away in 2 years.

Fanie:
I use one in the office and one at home.

They are very cost effective ito ink costing, but its not the fastest printers around, but then I dont print reams of paper a week.

I have not checked colour fastness on images as that is not my biggest concern, as for that I use my Epson 4800 printer.

But for general use I would buy it again any day.

They replaced my Samsung color lazer printers which cost a fortune in toners to run.

Jørgen Ramskov:

--- Quote from: David H. Hartman on April 21, 2017, 04:27:24 ---Laser Printer, Color!

--- End quote ---
Considered, but from what I've read, inkjet is still vastly superior when it comes to printing photos? Some years ago, toner for color lasers where pretty expensive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version