Author Topic: Yukon Quest 2016  (Read 2291 times)

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Yukon Quest 2016
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 11:17:43 »
Oivind, you have two #12s. The second one should be #13 ? (the last one in the first series of images). Also note that you have tried to crop the spectator as also suggested by Chris. The comments you made to Chris are noted. However, two things:-
1. the crop seems a little too tight. It was only the spectator that was suggested be removed - a little like the edited version attached
2.  If it is to be a documentary image of the event (as opposed to a more stand alone image), then, It is understandable why you feel the original uncropped version is better for this purpose.

in all events, great shooting.

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 11:57:30 »
Ouch, thanks Mongo, I did not notice the duplicated numbers. :o  They are now corrected to 12a and 12b, the latter the one that should have been #13 (but would have been duplicated in my next post). Your Photoshop edit works pretty well. And yes, as you noted, in another context as a news image, deleting content in the image would not have been acceptable.
Øivind Tøien

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 19:45:41 »
Oivind, thanks for the nice thread and your shots.
Carl

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 20:54:06 »
Lovely images Øyvind! Some day I might go to see one of those races, even if my biggest dream would be to compete. The amount of time and money these people put in to their dogs have prevented me from aquiring such an addiction. I settled with a few hunting dogs instead :)

chris dees

• NG Supporter
  • Amsterdam
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 21:51:07 »
A very tight crop would work for me as well.
It shows the lead-dog very well. He/she just jumps out of my screen. :)

Chris Dees

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 23:38:18 »
 Øivind, what an opportunity. Beautiful series of a very interesting event. Thanks for showing and taking us there.

Øivind Tøien

• NG Supporter
  • Fairbanks, Alaska
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 12:49:53 »
Thanks all of you for further enthusiastic comments.

Chris, your crop works pretty well, it is more concentrated on the dogs than the original so a little of a different image, I am starting to prefer it over the original. If anything I find the crop somewhat tight on the right side; there is room for a hair more space without getting that orange stake into the frame or making deletions that would make the image news media incompatible.
Øivind Tøien

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 18:50:26 »
Exceptional images.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za