Reviews > Reviews by the NG Community

Leica M 75mm f/2.4 Summarit

<< < (2/2)

Erik Lund:
Congratulations! Enjoy it/Them   :D

Hugh_3170:
You have made a good saving on the f/2.5 version Tommie.  Do you or Erik know whether there are marked performance differences between the f/2.5 and the newer f/2.4 versions of the 75mm M-lens?

(Thanks BTW to Erik for his review of the f/2.4 lens.)

Erik Lund:
IQ should be identical. Thanks ;)

tommiejeep:
Hugh, I waited for Erik to respond thinking maybe he had come across a newer breakdown on the two lenses.  When He and I were discussing the two editions of the lens there was nothing that categorically explained the difference.   I kept watching for a good deal on the f2.4 but then the 2.5 showed up at less than half of the best price I could find on the 2.4 so....and that included shipping and Duty.    No brainer for me  :)  .  I am certainly happy I opted for 75mm vs 90 mm but I had been using the Voight 75 f2.5 LTM for some time and some 90mm lenses so I knew the FLs.
Cheers,
Tom

Hugh_3170:
Thanks Tom. 

You are right:  knowing the FL is certainly a very handy start in "learning" a new lens.  Good luck with your new f/2.5.

--- Quote from: tommiejeep on July 11, 2016, 05:11:25 ---......................................

I am certainly happy I opted for 75mm vs 90 mm but I had been using the Voight 75 f2.5 LTM for some time and some 90mm lenses so I knew the FLs.
Cheers,
Tom

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version