Author Topic: In another world  (Read 1616 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
In another world
« on: November 29, 2016, 19:47:16 »
This is another shot of the old woman whom I often see shuffling around the area between the Eaton Center and Nathan Phillip's Square here in downtown Toronto.
Always in black, with her head scarf, and wheeled walker full of bags and bottles, she slowly moves along, waving away who knows who or what, and occasionally shrieking at anyone or no one, she seems to be another of the many who frequent our streets who have fallen through the holes in Society's Social Net.
Converted to black and white in Photoshop
motorized Nikon FG
Nikkor 24 f2
Fuji 100 ISO colour slide
5.6 @ 1/125th
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: In another world
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 19:50:53 »
For me a really story telling image.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 20:12:47 »
For me a really story telling image.
Thank you Elsa.
That's all I ever want to do with my pictures is tell stories.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

Woodley Willie

• Monkey See, Monkey Do, Monkey Do Again...
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 13:40:59 »
...my eye moves along the diagonal from the old woman in the foreground to the young lady looking at her cell...the old woman seems to have lost all contact with the world, and for the young woman, contact is the world.  A lot of photos I like stop at the image.  The photos I really like open a door to possibilities of perception. 
Wonder what this does?

RBSinTo

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 22:47:07 »
...my eye moves along the diagonal from the old woman in the foreground to the young lady looking at her cell...the old woman seems to have lost all contact with the world, and for the young woman, contact is the world.  A lot of photos I like stop at the image.  The photos I really like open a door to possibilities of perception.
Thanks for the insightful comment.
Robert