Author Topic: Back Off!  (Read 2246 times)

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Back Off!
« on: December 28, 2016, 02:28:59 »
This is an image I entered in a local photography club's competition. The theme was street photography. The skull image in the background is graffiti  on the side of a railroad car. The image was taken with the D7000, 70-200 f/2.8 lens at 80mm. Exposure was 1/320 sec and the aperture was f/7.1. Weather was heavy overcast.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: Back Off!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:01:53 »
I am getting an old fashioned feeling off this image. His expression isn't intimidating at all (not a crit- just an observation)
Good image. Well done.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 09:49:15 »
Thank you for your comment. The judge in the competition said the same thing in regard to his expression. I, on the other hand, think he looks very resolute and  determined, but since he is my son in law, I know him quite well and know how he is likely to react to any situation. Perhaps for this type of image one shouldn't use a model one knows too well. Thanks again for your comment.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:33:20 »
It is subjective - I do think the image is good.
(maybe he is just too pretty haha)
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 10:39:05 »
I agree his look/stare is difficult to determine,,, Yes maybe a bit too friendly ;)
Erik Lund

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:36 »
Glad to know the situation.  "I" was intimidated to see the bullets in the hand gun... :o :o :o

Nice capture nevertheless.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

ArthurDent

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 12:55:46 »
Glad to know the situation.  "I" was intimidated to see the bullets in the hand gun... :o :o :o

Nice capture nevertheless.

Thank you for your comment. In taking this kind of image it is helpful to have a remote shutter release so that one is not ever in the potential line of flight of the bullet. The drill is to have the model point his or her finger at the camera, compose the shot, give the model the pistol, get out of the way, have the model point the pistol at the lens and take the photo using the remote release.

Ethan

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 19:33:15 »
One Bad Mother F***er