Author Topic: Experimenting  (Read 1280 times)

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Experimenting
« on: November 29, 2016, 19:36:32 »
There was a local event that had a lot of car enthusiasts showing their creations and parading up and down Main street, also known as cruising. So, I grabbed a monopod and my D200/SB800 and staked out a spot on a corner. I had always wanted to play around with rear curtain sync, and here was an opportunity. For this attempt I was panning with the direction of travel of the cars, and I got some interesting results. Here's one I  titled "The Coupe From Hell" prompted by the car and the results of the shot.

Carl

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: Experimenting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 19:47:12 »
Kind of looks like a still from a movie where they JUST landed from another time zone :)
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 20:23:21 »
Reminds me of the computer game "Grim Fandango" ... the hero in this adventure by Lucas Arts rode some vehicle of comparably sobriety & coloring.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 21:03:58 »
Another from that night is this red sedan. While panning with it's movement another vehicle, going in the opposite direction, passed by in the background. So I was in effect panning against that vehicle's movement, thus got different results of the two vehicles in the same shot.

First let me say that this shot is just way too busy with distractions to be of much value beyond showing that the shooter has a lot to learn about this particular avenue of photography. If a picture can be worth a thousand words, this one can be described in far fewer, yuk! But it was fun, none the less!  ;)
Carl