Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Incompetence confessions

(1/10) > >>

Tristin:
Are there aspects of your gear or photography you know that you are incompetent in?

I have no experience using AF still, despite having a D750.   :P

abergon:
My areas of incompetence would be too long to list in full, and as a rule I am not happy with my work, or when I am I am not really sure why, which in itself I analyse as a sign of incompetence.

AF continues to baffle me, but I have a Nikon Df with an add-on split-screen, and my main lens is a PC-E 24mm, so I do not worry too much about AF Even though the PC-E is my main lens, I am sure I do not have the competence to master all its subtleties, far from it.

Probably my main incompetence area is post-processing. I have spent a lot of time with Photoshop, purchased online training, a Wacom tablet, I read Adobe's reference manual, and I still don't have a clue and am unable to reproduce what I am taught. So for the moment I use DxO Pro which is much less intimidating.

Frank Fremerey:
Presentation. I ofter have a lot of good work to present to customers or the web. Then I fail to present the pictures well...

elsa hoffmann:
Speedlights. I own THREE and still dont know how to use them - 11 years down the line  :-[

BW:
My incompetence run so deep in certain photographic areas, that I am not able to point it out. I feel that capturing a really sharp image or sharpening an image so that it is rendered sharp in print or screen is one of the areas I could improve my skills.
Speedlights... Dont get me started ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version