Reviews > Reviews by the NG Community

Subjective review of Salon de la Photo Paris 2016

<< < (2/3) > >>

Airy:
;) but I mean it. Snobism, or arrogance, are more common here than, say, in Iceland (I've never been in Norway, so I cannot tell).

Bjørn Rørslett:
Oh well. We have a single point of data, nothing more. Time to move on  to more important matters.

Akira:
I briefly handled Sigma sd Quattro.  The handling was marvelous in the portrait orientation but a nighmare in the landscape orientation, especially for the left-eyed people like me.  I think it would be better to look at the larger format sd Quattro H, and use it mainly on a tripod.

I had the same impression about Pentax K-1.  In fact, it is the smallest full frame DSLR on the market and at the same time, the heaviest except for the Canon and Nikon ones with integrated vertical grips.  The handling was nice.  That said, now that both Fuji and Hasselblad went into MF, Pentax should have skipped the full frame and nurture its 645 system, in my opinion...

abergon:

--- Quote from: Akira on November 13, 2016, 20:27:32 ---I briefly handled Sigma sd Quattro.  The handling was marvelous in the portrait orientation but a nighmare in the landscape orientation, especially for the left-eyed people like me.  I think it would be better to look at the larger format sd Quattro H, and use it mainly on a tripod.

I had the same impression about Pentax K-1.  In fact, it is the smallest full frame DSLR on the market and at the same time, the heaviest except for the Canon and Nikon ones with integrated vertical grips.  The handling was nice.  That said, now that both Fuji and Hasselblad went into MF, Pentax should have skipped the full frame and nurture its 645 system, in my opinion...

--- End quote ---

Akira, you're right about the SIgma SD. I am left-eyed too and that is partly why I found the handling clumsy. I beg to differ regarding the Pentax K-1. True, Fuji and Hasselblad went medium-format, but also mirrorless, which I am not ready for.

Akira:
Albert, I have used various mirrorless cameras and am well aware of their advantages over DSLRs.  But, alas, the EVFs have never been friendly to my eye: they are too bright and contrasty.  I tried to insert ND or light yellow gel filters into the eyepiece to reduce the brightness and the contrast, which was effective, but the the finder view is too dark under the sun.  So, I gave up at least for now and reverted back to the DSLR (D750).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version