Author Topic: Screen for editing  (Read 6836 times)

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Re: Screen for editing
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2016, 10:41:32 »
Just a quick thought on the small "Font Display Size" issues.
If a software is in use that has not been updated to work with 4K Resolution, would it not be of use to use the original monitor to work with the 4K monitor in a Dual Display set up. The Font would then legible on the original screen and commands can be enabled as well.
John Gallagher

arthurking83

• NG Member
  • Good to be back on NikonGear
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 14:08:56 »
Just a quick thought on the small "Font Display Size" issues.
If a software is in use that has not been updated to work with 4K Resolution, would it not be of use to use the original monitor to work with the 4K monitor in a Dual Display set up. The Font would then legible on the original screen and commands can be enabled as well.

That's what I do with Fastone Viewer.
I set it to open on the HD screen, and just use it there.
I don't use CNX-D much(it's a god awful program, and even with a new faster PC, it's still a glacial slug, that seems to bog down the PC!) .. anyhow, I just put up with it on the 4K. I can feel my way through it, and it's nice to have all that real estate for the actual images. I haven't yet looked at using any dual monitor capability if it has that ability.
VNX2 and CNX2 do tho .. just never thought to use them that way(yet). Image on the 4K and tool pallete on the HD screen.

thanks for the reminder.

EDIT: that works well enough for CNX-D
Arthur

arthurking83

• NG Member
  • Good to be back on NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 07:49:18 »
A correction on my part too:
I mentioned that Fastone Viewer didn't scale well on a 4K screen, but that was because I was using v5.5.
As of v5.6(but now up to v5.9) it scales well on a 4K screen.
It still doesn't scale well when shifting the program from the 4K to the HD tho, all they seem to have done is correct the font size to suit 4K screens better.
So now, on a 4K screen the font size is ~ a 10-12pt size and easy to read, but when the program is sent to the HD screen, the font increases in size to something like 16pt. It looks less well thought out than many other programs that scale to suit as the app window is transferred .. but at least it's easier to read now.
Nikon's CNX-D is still difficult to read on a 4K.
Arthur