Gear Talk > Other

New monitor

(1/1)

Hermann:
I want to get a new monitor in the near future. At the moment I have got an old 22 inch monitor which isn't really very good. I'll be using the monitor both for postprocessing and for normal office tasks. I'm looking for a 24 inch monitor, with a resolution of 1920 x 1200. I also don't really want to spend more than something like 1000 euros maximum. Cheaper would be even better because I really want to buy a couple of lenses as well ... :-)

The problem is I don't really know all that much about monitors. Seems like an IPS panel is the way to go. Eizo is often mentioned as a good make. Does the CS2420 or the (slightly older) CS240 fit the bill? Or would an "office monitor" like the EV2455 be sufficient? I don't usually print my photos, most are just used on computers or the web. Are there any other makes I should look at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hermann

Harald:
Hi Hermann,

have a look at the Dell U 2415. Costs less then 300€ and is for hobbyphotography really good. I sold mine because i just wanted more then 24 inch. ;)

Harald

Frank Fremerey:
I have a HP 24 wide gamut IPS 1920x1200 ... very good calibrated ... was only 600 at the time of purchase

pluton:
In the USA, NEC and Eizo are considered the "best" or "highest" makes.  Here, NEC is less expensive than Eizo.  I have heard that in Europe, Eizo is cheaper.  I can recommend NEC, based on my one copy of the now superseded PA271BK-SV, a 27", A-RBG capable, IPS monitor that came with an automated calibration solution.

Hermann:
Thanks to those who replied. After visiting a couple of friends who do quite a lot of PP, I finally settled for a (cheapish) Eizo monitor. The difference compared to my old monitor is quite obvious. Nice, very nice.

Hermann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version